Show Cases

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 12, 2015
I have been looking and talking to other parents about how to get my daughter seen for possible college. I was advised to consider a Show Case. In searching I found this information below and thought I would share it with other parents and coaches. I live in New England, has anyone been to the Show Case in Connecticut? I would be interested in how it is! Thanks

FPOS New

FREE Webinar – Getting Ready for the Showcase Season

by Kim Gwydir - Founder FPOS and former college softball coach

Thurs. May 21, 2015
9:00 - 9:30 PM EDT/ 8:00-8:30 PM CDT

This webinar is for travel ball coaches who want to learn how to get more college coaches to their games. We will cover what you need to know to make it easy for college coaches to recruit your team. This webinar is for 14U teams just starting the process and 18U teams who want to get more coaches to their games.

Register Here

Fastpitch Online Showcase - Free Webinar Invite

Space is limited - Register Early

This is a free webinar - all you need is a computer, smartphone or tablet to join.

FPOS Events Summer 2015
For class of 2016 - 2020
June 19, 2015 - Elite Capital of TX Showcase Recruiting Camp- Round Rock, TX
July 9, 2015 - Elite Diamond Summer Showcase Recruiting Camp - Plano, TX
July 10, 2015 - USSSA Be the Best Showcase Recruiting Camp - Laurel, MD
July 16, 2015 - USA Elite Northern Exposure Summer Showcase Recruiting Camp - Meriden, CT
July 20, 2015 - USSSA Midwest World Series Recruiting Camp - Shawnee, KS
July 21, 2015 - USSSA World Star Games - Shawnee, KS

For more information
Fastpitch Online Showcase - FPOS Events 2015

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I think New England's Finest in MA is better attended by college coaches. DD played the CT tourney as a freshman and there were coaches there but not so many.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I know Kim Gwydir and Jen personally and highly recommend you watch their webinar and that their events are what they say they are. The events in CT are strong for the right player (if you look at past colleges that attend you get an idea of the level of college that attends their events)

Their advice is good - it is not everything you need but it is a good place to start.

For lots more info on how to go about this, the forums here are full of useful info. Showcases are OK, but it is the work, marketing and networking you do in contacting coaches directly at schools that match up with your DD's goals that drives recruiting (i.e. no point contacting Florida if you are realistically a mid-D2 talent, or contacting schools that don't match up with your DD's academic goals)

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I know Kim Gwydir and Jen personally and highly recommend you watch their webinar and that their events are what they say they are. The events in CT are strong for the right player (if you look at past colleges that attend you get an idea of the level of college that attends their events)

Their advice is good - it is not everything you need but it is a good place to start.

For lots more info on how to go about this, the forums here are full of useful info. Showcases are OK, but it is the work, marketing and networking you do in contacting coaches directly at schools that match up with your DD's goals that drives recruiting (i.e. no point contacting Florida if you are realistically a mid-D2 talent, or contacting schools that don't match up with your DD's academic goals)

Cathy Aradi's book/pamphlet available through the NFCA at this link https://nfca.org/index.php/new-arri...l-at-the-collegiate-level-2015-edition-detail provides good, basic information about the process. Bottom line is that there's no sense going to any showcase if your potential college targets aren't going to be there!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A couple of thoughts on college showcases....
1) Great way to be seen by a lot of college coaches at one time.
2) A lot cheaper than attending individual college camps.
3) College coaches talk to each other, so there could be additional "word of mouth" exposure.
4) As you go through the recruiting process your Top-10 will change.
5) My DD became interested in schools that showed interest in her.
6) Playing in showcases helps players get over the "butterflies" of playing in front of college coaches.

Mar 12, 2015
I have also heard very good things about the coaches in CT. From what I can see from their website USA Elite Training, they have had a lot of successful softball players come through the program. I have also been reading a bit about the Virtual Softball. Anyone know anything about it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan