Shoulder pain advise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2009
Well I wanted to Give another update.... My daughter I and I are extremely frustrated. We have gone to two sports injury doctors now. The first one said my daughter had a strained pectoral muscle and ordered an MRI. The MRI was normal. When we went back to the doctor for the followup visit he said that the problem was not in the pectoral mucle it is a bicept tendon strain. He said to take 4 weeks off, and no pitching or throwing. He gave us exercises to do at home. A few weeks went by and no change. We end up seeing another sports doctor for a 2 nd opinion. He verifies that it is a bicept tendon strain. They both said rotator cuff is fine. He said no pitching or throwing for 4 weeks and we have to see a physical therapist 3 times a week for 4 weeks. We are now 3 weeks into physical therapy and there is no change. Everyone we talked to including the physical therapist says it should not take 2 months for a bicept tendon strain to heal. We will continue to go to pt but are getting very concerned and panicky at this point. I am starting to wonder if we should insist on another MRI but in the correct spot. Any advise is appreciated.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Well I wanted to Give another update.... My daughter I and I are extremely frustrated. We have gone to two sports injury doctors now. The first one said my daughter had a strained pectoral muscle and ordered an MRI. The MRI was normal. When we went back to the doctor for the followup visit he said that the problem was not in the pectoral mucle it is a bicept tendon strain. He said to take 4 weeks off, and no pitching or throwing. He gave us exercises to do at home. A few weeks went by and no change. We end up seeing another sports doctor for a 2 nd opinion. He verifies that it is a bicept tendon strain. They both said rotator cuff is fine. He said no pitching or throwing for 4 weeks and we have to see a physical therapist 3 times a week for 4 weeks. We are now 3 weeks into physical therapy and there is no change. Everyone we talked to including the physical therapist says it should not take 2 months for a bicept tendon strain to heal. We will continue to go to pt but are getting very concerned and panicky at this point. I am starting to wonder if we should insist on another MRI but in the correct spot. Any advise is appreciated.

Have your daughter make a muscle, arm at 90-degrees, like Popeye.

Is the bicep muscle straight in-line with the bone? Or, does it sort of twist sideways a little? If she brings her fist up closer to her shoulder, then does the bicep muscle twist a little sideways or a little more sideways?

Hal

May 24, 2009
No, if She makes a muscle it looks completely normal. But then again, the pain is on the bicept muscle that attaches almost under the armpit. I think that is why at first she was misdiagnosed as it being the pectoral muscle. Both pt's and sports Medicine doctors have agreed that it does not appear to be torn or detached. I guess only a second MRI could tell for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan