Should we start a Proud Parent Brag Post Forum?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Should DFP add a Proud Parents Bragging Forum?

• Yes

Votes: 35 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I'm not against it, but what would be the purpose of having a separate forum for it?

Is it to help those who aren't always in the mood to hear bragging?

It will be a nice way to organize half of the threads I start here. I can cross reference to keep my current brags fresh and not repeat the same feats.

Feb 18, 2014
Cincinnati, Oh.
all in; i really enjoy reading others. at the same time sometimes i feel for me to do so, some how feels, wrong place; wrong time. if we had a thread encouraging it.... that would be nice.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Why do we have to jam up the forum with fluff. We are all proud of our kids, why brag about it?

Why NOT brag about it? I love hearing other people's stories.

Having a separate forum section would create less of a "jam up". If you're not interested in those kinds of stories, you could avoid that section.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I'm not against it, but what would be the purpose of having a separate forum for it?

Is it to help those who aren't always in the mood to hear bragging?

Actually, my original thought was it would give folks here a place to go when they want to make that post. Right now none of the individual forums are really for this sort of thing. But yes, it would also help those who aren't interested in it avoid running across those threads.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Where else can we brag? Teammates parents at the field? Yeah-we all want to be that guy. To actual friends? They don't give a crap about DDs first OTF HR. To family? They all think she is great just because she can throw a ball. ONLY here do we get to brag to people who get it. On the other side of the coin is that I want to know how other's kids are doing, it is really cool to see the progress from the other members that are just entering into softball lunacy to the folks with kids in college who are killing it like CBs DD. If we didn't brag then we wouldn't see the payoff to all the "looking for feedback" threads.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves