Shorts or Pants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2009
Funny how things change. Back when I started coaching, our organization had pants. The girls hated them and wanted shorts. That was about 15 years ago, of course.

Now everyone is on the pants bandwagon. You watch. In 10 years or so, the movement will be to get rid of the pants and wear shorts.

The way I look at it the National team wears shorts. If it's good enough for them...

Probably true.

Jun 6, 2009
The deep south is very humid, but the gulf of mexico moderates temperatures within several hundred miles of the coast. 95-98 is about as hot as it gets. Inland states like north AL, TN, AR, etc get the worst of up to 105 degree temps + high humidity.

In houston, the record for air temp is 109 and triple digits are common in the summer.

May 7, 2008
I think at the Surf City showcases in So Cal in October I saw one or maybe two teams in shorts. The other 100 or 150 were in pants.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I hate for the girls to think that they can't slide without wearing pants. If they need pants on to slide, they aren't sliding correctly.

I agree with the above poster that said his DD still wears compression shorts, with pants. The girls should always wear padded compression shorts, no matter whether they are wearing shorts or pants.

DD also wore at least one sliding pad on her legs, with pants, to protect her from bad hops or line drives.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
The organization my daughter plays for (X-Treme in Collegeville PA) just switched to pants for all teams - 10U to 18U. Last year in 12U they used pants in the cool weather & shorts in the hot. the pants are black so it will be interesting this coming summer. She still wears the sliding shorts & pads.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
We switched to pants last year as well (12U)... even for the practice uniform. The girls ended up loving it. After our season was over my DD picked up on a team that wore shorts, she didn't like it at all

Oh how times change

Aug 11, 2009
The team I am on (from the northeast) we have both pants and shorts. On the colder days we wear pants and the warmer days we wear shorts. I prefer to wear the pants, you lose the hassle of having to wear sliders and kneepads. Pants aren't hotter than shorts, I think they are about the same.

Oct 19, 2009
Saskatchewan
i dont get why there is a big argument about pants you look at girls teams and by the time they pull up their sliders and sox they may as well have pants on because they are covering like a pant. i get that they arent as ho i guess but no baseball players have a problem in arizona wearing pants. but make sure you get the girls pants.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan