Shoes for indoor pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 29, 2013
My DD uses Ringor turf shoes with the pitching toe. One pair has lasted 18 months now and still going strong. She even uses them on blacktop or concrete surfaces at school yards periodically. Before that we went through a pair of tennis shoes within 6 weeks a few times on those mats or gym floors.

Mine does too. They're expensive, but I won't have to replace them 3 times a year like I had to with regular shoes. And they can be used outdoors as well, for those tournaments on turf fields.

Jun 19, 2013
Mine does too. They're expensive, but I won't have to replace them 3 times a year like I had to with regular shoes. And they can be used outdoors as well, for those tournaments on turf fields.

The first time we paid $100 for cleats I was freaking out until I realized that we have gone through 3 $60 pairs of cleats just previous to that. And this one pair still has life in them after a LOT of training and pitching.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
nano, what is the top of the shoes made of? Mesh or leather? I looked at boombah turf shoes and they seem inexpensive. yeah! Just want to buy the right ones. Thanks!

Oct 6, 2013
Do the Ringor turf pitching toes only protect the toe or will it also protect the side too? My daughter wears out the inside front edge after only a few lessons. The shoes are costing me almost as much money as the lessons!

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
We just got some Ringors, they seem very durable, looks like they should last a while and dd says they are comfortable. Not as comfy as my On Clouds running shoes but should last a while longer I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2012
Tennis/court shoes, the ones that have the full rubber soles not the lightweight foam. They will last a long time and not break the bank. They may not be the best looking shoe but the kids can deal with it. lol

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
David,
Both the Tuff Toe and Ringor Pitching Toes have a thick profile that tends to help with kids who drag the insides of the foot.

One thing I'd think about is having your DD's form evaluated to see if a couple tweaks could result in both improved perfomance and a savings in shoe replacement.

Ken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan