Shhh, don't tell my PC she teaches I/R

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Found a local PC who is teaching straight-up I/R, but isn't DFP buzzword/catchphrase compliant. What do i do now?? lol.. Seriously though, first lesson she was working palm-up at 9 o'clock drills, then what looked like BM's liberty drills (again with accurate I/R mechanics), but she calls them something else. She got into "adduction" but didn't use that word either, of course. Next lesson she was talking about the release and how there is a "cut" (BM's "bite"?) that causes a tilted (2-8) rotation (BM's inward Axis 6-12?)... She says this release opens the door to all kinds of wonderful pitches. Holy smokes, maybe she knows this stuff? Ok, so far its only two lessons, and there have been no real red flags. Well, she did say "bowling" once, but I didn't catch the context, so I'll give her a pass. The title of this thread refers to an arm circle question I asked her containing the word "rotation" (hoping to spark an I/R discussion). She didn't like it at all, and while she knows it's there, she would rather focus on the "cut" release. Ok, that's good enough for me. DD likes her style, and I feel she's teaching the right stuff.

Jul 14, 2008
Or she just reads my stuff on here and is teaching THE RIGHT STUFF.........

Or maybe she just knows what the heck she's doing.......

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Found a local PC who is teaching straight-up I/R, but isn't DFP buzzword/catchphrase compliant. What do i do now?? lol.. Seriously though, first lesson she was working palm-up at 9 o'clock drills, then what looked like BM's liberty drills (again with accurate I/R mechanics), but she calls them something else. She got into "adduction" but didn't use that word either, of course. Next lesson she was talking about the release and how there is a "cut" (BM's "bite"?) that causes a tilted (2-8) rotation (BM's inward Axis 6-12?)... She says this release opens the door to all kinds of wonderful pitches. Holy smokes, maybe she knows this stuff? Ok, so far its only two lessons, and there have been no real red flags. Well, she did say "bowling" once, but I didn't catch the context, so I'll give her a pass. The title of this thread refers to an arm circle question I asked her containing the word "rotation" (hoping to spark an I/R discussion). She didn't like it at all, and while she knows it's there, she would rather focus on the "cut" release. Ok, that's good enough for me. DD likes her style, and I feel she's teaching the right stuff.

Where is she located?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
seriously, PM me her name and location if she is on Socal.

Terminology is just words, what she is showing her students and how she is describing it is infinitely more important than what she calls it.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Or she just reads my stuff on here and is teaching THE RIGHT STUFF.........

Or maybe she just knows what the heck she's doing.......

Not sure if she is on here or not; haven't gotten that far in my conversations with her yet. Former D1 All American, was a coach At D1 school and others too for a while. Not that that's any guarantee, but she IS a skilled teacher.

Bleacher Bum

Avid student of the game
Aug 29, 2013
NorCal
Add me to the list for her name. Don't know if you're norCal or soCal. I don't care what she calls it, as long as she teaches it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45