Scout Softball Showcase Camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 3, 2012
Scout Softball - College Softball's Scouting Service

Anyone attend one of these events? Is it worth it? Or just a fundraiser.

I don't know much about these either, but i'm interested in getting my DD to some camps as she's at the important 16U year. But it does seem kind of pricy for a one day camp. I wouldn't do it until I saw if coaches of schools I was interested was at the camps. I know the advertised colleges at camps, but they cant don't define what schools will be at each camp.

We did do a Lee Dobbins camp once. He's a former college coach that travels the country putting on camps held by multiple college coaches. The college coaches were good but camp was packed with girls in an indoor facility, but Dobbins did make the comment at the end of the camp that this was more instructional and not really exposure. Thought that was a funny comment.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Scout softball does not have coaches in attendance. The first combine that you attend is a tryout that is filmed(skills video provided). Batting, fielding, etc. You can purchase different packages. If you do well then you are then invited to a showcase where you play 5 games which is also filmed. if you do well there you can then be invited to the All American games in NM. My DD was invited to NM but we declined since she is going to another camp. You can use their website to send your videos to coaches which helps track what college, who opened, etc. You also are assigned an athletic index. The idea is that more coaches can see your DD play through game play and skills videos, which I will admit are high quality. This is just another tool in your bag to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad