School Bell Schedules and High School Games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2015
My DD's HS starts at 7:15 and ends at 2:45. 8th period is for athletics. JV games start at 4:30 and varsity follows 30 minutes after. if rain is coming they will play varsity first then JV since varsity games count and JV doesnt. all fields in our district have lights so no issue there. we play some district teams that we travel over an hour away for so its not unusual for our girls to get home after 10:30-11:00 on game nights.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, the times are not state mandated and are decided on district level. I never could understand why the high schoolers had to start so early...especially knowing that they are more likely than other grades to be up late studying and doing homework which shrinks their sleep time even more. There was one reason why our high schoolers got that time slot...and that was to get the high schoolers off the roads in the mornings before the younger kids were out either walking to school or waiting at the bus stop. That's what I heard anyway.

One other reason is so that high school students can have after-school jobs and have more hours for job + homework.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45