Rip It Helmet?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think they're great helmets ! My DD uses the standard black & white one for school ball and a Mizuno that matches her travel ball uniform. I like the Rip-it better.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Not sure what level ball your DD plays, but if she is going to play TB a lot of teams orders helmets as part of their uniform package, so you may want to inquire before you buy something.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD has never been that choosy about which helmet she wears, but she does like certain helmet face masks better than others, so my suggestion would be to check the mask. Some obstruct the batters vision more than others. You can always make a helmet fit better with a "fit kit" that has extra padding.

Dec 11, 2010
My two dd's have used Rip-it,a couple of nice Schutte's and now Easton. Both prefer Rip-it as do almost everyone that I know that have used them.

At 8years old you might have problems finding a Rip-it small enough, use the "fix kit" to adjust the size. "Way back when", Mizuno made the smallest sized helmet but don't know if that's still true.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yep. Rip-It is my 11yo DD's #1 helmet choice. The only helmet she has had that wasn't a Rip-It was her very first one at 8U, and that's only because I didn't know any better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01