RevFire / Pocket Radar recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I've never tried the ball coach, but my regular model is a joke. I may have a lemon.... I'm just not ready to pony up another 200 bucks when the first one was crap.

Jun 12, 2015
From my research it seems like the original pocket radar isn't meant to measure ball speed at all. I decided to give the ball coach a try because it's supposed to be very accurate, and I noticed you can resell them for almost as much as you bought them for.

May 22, 2014
Indiana
We've been really happy with the Ball Coach version. Sounds like it solved some of the issues with the original version. Numbers have been very consistent and virtually identical to various PC's guns. It is sensiitve enough to pick up neighboring activity, so that might be an issue for batting cage use if neighboring cages are going as well. We use it for pitching, and I will get a reading off a girl in the next pitching lane. However, that is pretty easily avoided just with timing of the button push. It also appears to read a little low on pitches that are considerably off target (way high for instance), but that's just the nature of the physics. The most accurate reading will always be on the pitch that is a direct path right at the gun (and they discuss that in the instructions). I just tell DD that it doesn't matter how fast the pitch was if it was a foot and a half too high :)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I love my Pocket Radar. I have not had a problem with it, over many months of use.

Now - it is missing. I hate to replace it, because it will show up, eventually. But, darn.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez