RevFire / Pocket Radar recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Pocket R

Measure - Train - Improve
Jun 12, 2013
Santa Rosa, CA
I own both a Stalker and RevFire but could not resist the $199 price for the Ball Coach. Tried it out today and was very happy. It may not be quite as accurate and versatile as the Stalker but it is accurate enough and a you certainly cannot beat the convenience.
I am very glad to hear that you are happy with the Ball Coach radar. We work very hard to provide a quality product at an affordable price. I am curious about which Stalker model you are using? It is always interesting to me that the perception is that the Stalker guns must be more accurate. This is probably because they are more expensive or that they can put out a reading with tenths displayed, but it is not actually the case. If you go to the Stalker web-site and look up the specs on the 2 models they sell for softball and baseball, their accuracy is specified at +/- 3% of the reading. So if you are measuring a softball pitch at 67 MPH the Stalker accuracy comes out to +/- 2 MPH. The Ball Coach radar is much newer technology than the other radar guns and is specified to +/- 1 MPH accuracy. The new Pocket Radar technology has been independently tested and verified for accuracy by the Police Radar test lab that certifies all of the radar guns for law enforcement in the US. If anyone ever has any questions about radar guns in general and the accuracy issue, please give me a call. We are always happy to help.
Thanks,
Chris Stewart / President, Pocket Radar, Inc.

Pocket R

Measure - Train - Improve
Jun 12, 2013
Santa Rosa, CA
Ball coach works just as good as more expensive radars as long as you are close enough to the pitch. If you are sitting in the stands trying to get readings then the ball coach is not for you.

Edit - it is this version of the ball coach Ball Coach Radar Gun | Sports Training Tool | Hands Free Radar

The Ball Coach radar has 120 feet of range on a baseball or softball. This video was actually taken at a distance of 115 feet away from the pitcher at a college baseball game. Since softball distances are much shorter than baseball, 120 feet is usually plenty of range even in the stands at a softball game. You will see many college softball scouts out there using their Ball Coach radar. However, in baseball once you are back in the stands you are usually further out than 120 feet on most high school or college fields, that is why we mention that on our web-page. If you ever have any questions please let me know. You can call us toll-free at 888.381.2672 and I am always happy to help.

Thanks,

Chris Stewart / President, Pocket Radar, Inc.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Got the Ball Coach Radar (for me) and the Zepp Swing Analyzer for my DD's this Christmas...now that we have 7" of snow on the ground (still falling) it's time to heat the garage up, move the cars outside and set up the tee and the net!

Oct 10, 2011
I was told today that the Pocket Radar doesn't work very well indoors...specifically at the batting cages. This guy told me that it's because the area is too small and people to the left and right are hitting balls. Is this true? I'd mainly be looking at getting ball exit speeds.
I already have a Glove Radar and was wondering if it's possible to have that behind a net to check out the speed, or if that would require a perfect hit to be accurate.
Thanks

Jun 12, 2015
I just got a PR ball coach. It seems a little slower than the pitching coach's gun style one, but it's been consistent so far, with one exception. It's shown high 30s to low 40s for my dd except one said 74. She's 9, clearly not anywhere close to 74. It was such a fun malfunction I took a picture of it. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez