Resuming a called game in LL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2012
WV
We are finally winning 13-7. It's a hot game already because of my big mouth. I was base coaching at 3B. Our ump wasn't authoratative enough a call which got a few parents yelling about the play and how they knew who these umps were for... after only so much of it... I busted. I yelled at them and told them to get a volunteer form, fill it out and ump. I don't normally do that. If find it difficult to confront anyone, but I snapped- which got me lip music from the opposing coach about shutting the whole league down if there was one more word. I'm still hot over this. After reading the rules, I had no right to say anything to the spectators, it was the ump's job to warn them, not mine. The opposing team has won every game they have played. Our girls are finally coming around.

The game was called on account of lightening. The team was being coached by two girls **WOMEN**, usually its two women and their husbands, all are board members. Their husbands were coaching another game that his son played in that evening(well one was anyway, the other is league president and wasn't involved in coaching that evening-he was putting out fires, mine was one of them) When we resume the game on Friday, are they suppose to use the exact same coaches or can they add another ?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2013
Did you yell at the opposing Teams parents? (Good for you if yes, I have yelled at our parents a few times never the other Teams. :))

I do not think there is a rule about the coaches but I could be wrong.

Edit:

It wasn’t in our rules so I sent an Email to our League’s president about introducing a new player to a suspended game. The reply was a little confusing but the end result was if a player shows up for the continuation of the suspend game she can play even though she was not there for the original game. I was pretty sure that was going to be the answer and printed the Email response out and brought it to the game in case it became an Issue, it did not.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2012
WV
Yes it was the other team's parents. I thought I had authority to do that being a board member. However, once I take the field as a coach, I am not permitted to even talk to the other team's parents.

My button is desrespectful adults and parents. Kids- ok, but adults- c'mon, you know better. We aren't playing the championship, you've won every game so far and you are a SORE LOSER ! The score was 13-3 at the time of the call- 2nd inning.

Jun 8, 2012
WV
And the other team - a few anyway - are walking around school tellingmy kids they are retarded and stupid and that our team sucks. Really ? It's little league. Who does this ? Where do they get this attitude from ? Makes me angry and to our benefit, it wakes us up. When I played, my HS coach always requested that we NOT incite the other team because it would only fire them up and make them want it more.

Apr 1, 2010
The team was being coached by two girls, usually its two girls and their husbands, all are board members.

Yep, as SoftSocDad pointed out, in a post complaining about lack of respect, this is not respectful. Hehehehe.

As I was reading, at first I was confused. Two kids were coaching the team? Then I read further and saw the "and their husbands" and quickly figured out that this actually meant two adult women. If their husbands had been coaching, would you have said the team was being coached by two boys?

Heaven knows I'm guilty of this sort of thing myself at times. I'm just saying...

Jun 8, 2012
WV
Yep, as SoftSocDad pointed out, in a post complaining about lack of respect, this is not respectful. Hehehehe.

As I was reading, at first I was confused. Two kids were coaching the team? Then I read further and saw the "and their husbands" and quickly figured out that this actually meant two adult women. If their husbands had been coaching, would you have said the team was being coached by two boys?

Heaven knows I'm guilty of this sort of thing myself at times. I'm just saying...

Weird, I never thought about the reference to girls and guys. Sorry for the confusion. These 'ladies' are my age or about. 35.

Feb 4, 2013
Yes it was the other team's parents. I thought I had authority to do that being a board member. However, once I take the field as a coach, I am not permitted to even talk to the other team's parents.

Wow what good is being a board member if you can't play the board member card? lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom