Relieved that Friday check in is here 1/29/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My DD has her first school ball scrimmage with the combined teams, 7th-12th. She is trying to make the varsity roster as a 7th grader and has a shot so the scrimmage is a big deal for her.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Practice Saturday. Should be a good one since they start their strength/agility/flexibility sessions this week and we have some new players on the team who have not done it before.

Also local HS is in a pre-season tournament. Will probably go see a game or two. DD will be there next year and a number of her friends and teammates are already there and on the team.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Great to hear that surgery is not needed!

DD1 has a light practice tomorrow and scrimmage on Sunday. Softball all weekend :cool:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I had that injury a long time ago...really painful. Glad she doesn't need surgery.

I have both girls in the Februrary Frost tournament in San Diego. Not a lot of quality teams, but a good "kick off the holiday rust" tournament. girls have been raking in BP so I am hoping it carries over to game time.

Seems like both girls have 3-4 new girls on their teams so it will be good to see how they all play together.

18GoldDad

Livin the Dream!!!
May 13, 2012
Left Coast
DD's College freshmen season begins Sunday with a double header vs a very good and preseason #20 Augustana. She'll be playing her home games 2,500 miles from home. We've purchased a Stretchinternet package that will allow our family to watch every home game live.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
It's always great news when you find your DD doesn't need surgery after a softball injury. Been there, done that, got the wrist braces. :cool:

Let me see, DD #3 has some sort of pitching practice Monday, and TB practice Wednesday, unless a really bad blizzard comes in and one or both have to be canceled. As far as her pitching, her catcher will be in California on Monday, so DD #3 won't have a catcher that day. PC says she might have to throw against the wall, depends on how many girls show up for pitching practice. Of course, if the blizzard comes, it won't matter anyway. DW still has to go to work no matter how bad the blizzard, though. She gets the SUV.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD1 has Gold and juco games. DD2 12U team is playing 14's again against some better teams than last time. HC already warned me that DD2 would be working her rise this tourney.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Pretty quiet weekend for us. We have a cosmic bingo fundraiser to go to tomorrow night for the team DD played on last year. It will be good to see some of the people I haven't spoke to in a while. Sunday afternoon she has indoor practice. It's supposed to be into the mid 50's this weekend so we may get outside to work on a few things, otherwise she'll just hit some in the basement.

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
DD has cheerleading in the morning. She cheers at basketball games. Last weekend was her first event where I wasn't her coach and was regulated to the crowd. I did not take it well. Watching her and the game at the same time; I'm breaking down what the kids are doing wrong and how to improve them. I say things loud enough so my wife can hear me.
She is going to ban me from watching the games at some point. I believe it shows I love to coach no matter what.

The league has a walk-in registration event tomorrow as well. Might take DD to see Star Wars after cheering. DW is popular and is going to socialize with her girlfriends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad