Recommendations for a decent T

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Tanner tees are the best as far as I'm concerned. Very durable, easy to transport. Around $70-$75, available on Amazon.com, Softball.com and other places.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
If you apply a little ingenuity, you can buy a Tanner T top for about $20 and a few pieces of threaded pipe and threaded flanges from the home improvement store of your choice. Cut a piece of plywood for a base and there you go!!! A cheapo version of Tanner T.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2009
We bought 3 Tanner tees back when you called up Mr. Tanner and talked tees. He took the order himself and the tee was sub $50 at the time. I went thru more 'traditional' black rubber tees than I can count before ponying up for the Tanners. The Tanner's were money well spent and have saved me the expense of buying a new tee every year or so.

Now that Tanners are in all the glossy catalogs with the major distributers, the price is around $75. I also see at least five copycat knockoffs of Tanner's excellent and simple design by names like Schutt, Franklin, etc. Some of those likely work pretty well--perhaps just as well-- but I have no need to try them. The Tanners that I have are likely to last a lifetime.

Good luck,
VW

Nov 30, 2013
Build your own.I built 3 last summer,still have enough material to build 2 more all for a total of $45.00.DD has taken over 2,000 cuts off of it including hitting the pvc pipe a ton.Other than some paint chipping off the Tee it looks just like the day I built it.softball tee.jpg

Dec 11, 2010
Build your own.I built 3 last summer,still have enough material to build 2 more all for a total of $45.00.DD has taken over 2,000 cuts off of it including hitting the pvc pipe a ton.Other than some paint chipping off the Tee it looks just like the day I built it.View attachment 7654

Even better. All PVC? And what did you use for the cone? I used sidewall of tractor inner tube but it does not look as neat as yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1