Rated the best coach in TB? Why? It's a Crying Shame.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I know of a player on a satellite bullets team that lists her team as “East Coast Bullets”. Strange her coach doesn’t correct that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a common misunderstanding of the "EC" part of the name.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
The HC isn't getting paid in TB?

Lots of coaches get paid. If a coach decides to take a salary, everyone on the team submits payments to the coach. The coach then pays his org fees, pays for softball, and then whatever is left over would be his "salary". There is no one to "sign the check".

Feb 13, 2021
MI
Not sure I understand what you mean by "not in a typical payroll format". The point I am trying to make however, is that if a HC is exhibiting outrageous behavior, there is someone, or a group of someones who is financing that HC either directly or indirectly (travel, expenses, whatever). That person or group of people have the ability to reign that HC in for behavior they feel is inappropriate. If the feeling is that it isn't inappropriate, or that the prospect of a better scholarship is worth putting up with the behavior, then they have no room for complaint after the fact.

Aug 25, 2019
OP: Sounds like a major vacuum company and starts with a "D" ??? :unsure: LOL... I can't figure out who it is... what region of the country?

Out here the main ones are:
Firecrackers (Rico)
Batbusters (Lastrapes/Stith)
Corona Angels (Tyson/Jordan)
So Cal Athletics (Mercado)
Cal Cruisers (Sievers)
Ohana Tigers (??)

Gimme a hint....

EDIT:...AHHH, I know who now... just came to me about the vacuum reference. YES, I completely agree. I've been to a couple coaching clinics with him and seen youtube clips of his coaching "style". I'll pass for my DD. Still not sure what his past "credentials" are and why he's thought of so highly.
Isn't that cat Sievers the coach from the infamous hitting the umpire call from back in the day?.....Shame he's still in the business, worse than any yelling coach I say......

MG vs. Cruisers - Umpire Incident 10-5-13 - YouTube

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Not sure I understand what you mean by "not in a typical payroll format". The point I am trying to make however, is that if a HC is exhibiting outrageous behavior, there is someone, or a group of someones who is financing that HC either directly or indirectly (travel, expenses, whatever). That person or group of people have the ability to reign that HC in for behavior they feel is inappropriate. If the feeling is that it isn't inappropriate, or that the prospect of a better scholarship is worth putting up with the behavior, then they have no room for complaint after the fact.

In the case of the specific coach the OP was talking about, he is the head/founder of the org (group of teams). There is no one up the ladder from him to issue any discipline...unless he commits a criminal offense. He's also well known for his attitude and behavior, and it's accepted by everyone who joins the team(s) he runs directly. I have witnessed similar behavior from other coaches in that org, and you can bet that the head guy isn't going to do a damn thing about it.

Here's the thing with TB. If you don't like the style/attitude/behavior of the coach, go find another team. There are LOTS to choose from in the So Cal area.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
Here's the thing with TB. If you don't like the style/attitude/behavior of the coach, go find another team. There are LOTS to choose from in the So Cal area.

My question is, why do parents allow their DDs to be abused? Is a D-1 scholarship worth it? As for me and mine, we have far higher goals than playing D-1 softball.

And this speaks right back to the OPs question. The parents are writing checks, is it safe to assume they approve of the methods the HCs are using?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414