Random Drug Testing for High School Athletes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
��
There are over 14 million high school students attending 19,400 public high schools, they spoke with 351 individuals. That isn't a study, it's trying to push an agenda. Try finding a real study and then let us know.

Does every school do random drug testing? What agenda is being pushed?
You try finding a real study and let yourself know. I dont need or wish to convince you of anything.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We have drug and alcohol testing and it is a part of the requirement for the State of Illinois in the state playoffs. So, if you decide to not allow your child to be tested, fine. Your son or dd will not play HS athletics in this state. (At least in the playoffs.)

Per teacher testing, I have told everyone I will volunteer to be tested every time a student gets tested.

I have coached for a very long time. Out of those times, I know of maybe 3 teams that didn't break the rules. Oh, I know that many, if not most, are thinking I didn't catch those three teams and maybe so but I believe I am right. One of those teams came to the coaching staff as a team and turned in their SS and #2 pitcher. They had intended to win a state title and had made rules for all teammates including what the team would do if they caught players breaking code. We dealt with those players. The next year, the team did the same and no one was turned in. They won a state title. In fact, they went 40-0. They took those actions because they heard of a basketball team I coached that was focused on a state title. That team didn't win state but made it to the Elite 8.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06