radial deviation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
I'd say it would be more useful to look at what she is doing RIGHT in her swing than to compare it to the best male hitter on the planet and find it deficient. (And I think your observations and questions are fine, HittingGuru, not criticizing. You've made some good observations. I just think that in GENERAL, these comparisons are frequently made, but little is done to point out the things the age group hitter is doing RIGHT.) SO I'd like to make a BROADER point: I think that whatever female hitters are doing that allows them to get to and star in college should be examined in great detail, to see if it is applicable to other kids. I think that is WAY more valuable then talking about "MLB patterns," and why certain girls swing WRONG.

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
SB said:

Could you answer any of the questions please as to how the bat transitions forward please?

Can you be more specific about what the question is here ? thanks.

How might forearm strength relate to bathead quickness and adjustability ?

Oct 29, 2008
Scott at the Pam AM games while playing Team Canada I think, she put one on the roof of the building across the street and the front of the building was 450 feet from home plate. The Team Canada catcher told Stacy Neuvemen if you put it out of the park it is only a run....on top of the building and its a home run!

In OKC in 2008 she hit the light pole which is for the other field about 75 foot up the pole. The light pole is 396 feet from home plate and the calculation was 464 to 465 feet splash down if it had not hit the pole.

At the Canada Cup the 300 foot fence has a clearing of about another 60 feet beyond the fence and she was putting them into the trees (forest) beyond the clearing. These are tall pine trees!!! Her 300 to 350 shots are more common however she has done it.

WOW! That is something.

Nov 29, 2009
[

I'd say it would be more useful to look at what she is doing RIGHT in her swing than to compare it to the best male hitter on the planet and find it deficient. (And I think your observations and questions are fine, HittingGuru, not criticizing. You've made some good observations. I just think that in GENERAL, these comparisons are frequently made, but little is done to point out the things the age group hitter is doing RIGHT.) SO I'd like to make a BROADER point: I think that whatever female hitters are doing that allows them to get to and star in college should be examined in great detail, to see if it is applicable to other kids. I think that is WAY more valuable then talking about "MLB patterns," and why certain girls swing WRONG.

Nov 29, 2009
disreguard last couple of post's problems due to ignorance and being busy and not being able to finish in a timely fashion. In reguards to Bush obviously she does a lot of things extremely well in order to be successfull as a hitter. the things I was talking about is the difference between a 327 hitter and 400 to 450 hitter at that level with the same amount of power. She is a great athlete. Don't accept less when the possibility of more is very real.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Tom I stated what I feel happens when working with our students and was looking for you to describe in your own words what you see when teaching. Please respond to the questions.

There are a few questions in there also and I was wondering what your thoughts were? Especially male verses female body differences.

I listened to the You Tube presentations...can you see what was lacking in the description of the swing especially after they move away from the MLB elite swing? How would you correct it as to staying connected as some describe it?

Nov 29, 2009
I may irritate someone here but those video's are based on someone trying to sell a product and seeing what they want to see. Initial bat speed is created at that level by the hips leading the hands creating torque from the torso/abdominal area of the body. The top hand is fairly passive untill just prior to contact especially if want to stay inside the ball for maximum energy transfer. Bat drag is created and intended at those upper levels because they don't wan't to pre-release energy before contact.

Oct 29, 2008
She is a great athlete. Don't accept less when the possibility of more is very real.

I understtod exactly where you were coming from, and my comments weren't directed at you.

Thanks, and best regards,

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207