Progress video how's she doing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
How about stepping through with right foot and finish in a fielding position....by not doing that she is slightly falling to the right and balls are tailing to the right. In our 5 step positions that our instructor emphasized finishing with feet parallel ready to field.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I'll second RT1 & STRIKE3's advice to emphasize pulling the lower arm/ball all the way around the circle. Think "lead/pull with the elbow from about 3 o'clock on."

Can you post a video from behind and in-line with the right side? Any chance the video quality would be higher if posted on YouTube?

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
A couple of things I noticed reviewing the slo-mo video:

- At 12:00 the ball is pointed towards the camera which is approx. between 2nd & 3rd base (not towards home plate as it should be). This closed move causes her to "push the ball" down the back of the circle instead of "pulling the ball" down the circle.

- she gets very little "brush interference".

Focus on these two areas and she will immediately add increase in velocity and spin to her pitch.

Not much to pick at .....but what RT points out above could be robbing some velocity....she does appear to correct it downstream as bmd pointed out, but it almost looks like a hitch in her arm circle as a result of all the added twisting and turning of her hand/lower arm.

Overall looks really good though.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Bring the hip @ 10:00, to brush it @ 7:00-6:00.... JMHO & not that my DD can.... yet :cool:

U_Back.gif

Last edited:
May 9, 2015
West Virginia
I'll second RT1 & STRIKE3's advice to emphasize pulling the lower arm/ball all the way around the circle. Think "lead/pull with the elbow from about 3 o'clock on."

Can you post a video from behind and in-line with the right side? Any chance the video quality would be higher if posted on YouTube?

I will work on getting one Wednesday when we throw full speed again. I record on my phone so I'm not sure about the quality improving on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24