Prayers to those in Connecticut

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
What a sad day for the families of the victims and for the kids who witnessed it. They will hold the memories of this day for the rest of their lives.

All them have our deepest sympathies.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Obviously the person who did this was a very sick person, for no one in their right mind could do such a horrendous act. Prayers go out to those parents who lost a loved ones, and to the whole community because it will take years to recovery from this, if at all possible.

I have always enjoyed and have been thankful for my DGDs. I think tonight, I am going to thank God even more for the special relationship that I have with them and for the quick healing to those who lost their precious loved ones today.

God bless.

Mar 13, 2010
I'm in tears waking up to this news. I coach kindergardeners. Who could be so evil to kill them? Going to hug my kids today

R

RayR

It's so ****** heartbreaking....my wife and I can't stop the tears....our kids are a little older and out with friends tonight and we just agreed that more than anything we want them to be home with us right now....which just makes it even more heartbreaking that there are 20 families that won't have their children come home tonight....which just makes me cry more.....because while we are feel totally blessed, we all lost something today....

Last edited by a moderator:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
My wife is an elementary school teacher in the town we live in here in CT, about an hour from Newtown. We can't imagine what those in Newtown are going through and have yet to face Our tears, thoughts, and prayers are with them.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
St Peter....Can you please send this monster who shot those kids at Sandy Hook Elementary School back to spend a few minutes with me, a few of my closest softball parents/coaches and the 20 parents who lost their child to this animal. I promise we will return him soon.

So disgusted for those without their child tonight in CT. Nothing can be done and I am sure there are no words that can heal this gash in the heart today.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just the whole situation is sad...I can't find myself mad at the gunman....he obviously was very sick...demons or whatever.

When I was in high school my parents took custody of my best friend and his younger brother. Their mother, good mom, wealthy, divorced, stayed at home, took great care of the boys....but about once a year she would stop taking her meds. I remember like yesterday one summer evening all playing ball in my driveway as their mom is telling my mom that God told her that her children were of the devil, and they must killed....her conversation was like she was discussing yesterday's weather....
Anyway, we all must do what we can to help/stop those mentally ill people...my folks would help get this mom comitted every year, she would get help, a few weeks later get out and get her children back. I am sure there are a million similiar stories...and I don't know what I am saying or what to say...maybe just that we need sometimes get over the "it's not our business additude, and step up and help each other."
Sorry, a lot of thoughts going through my head.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
My husband has a nephew that is in desperate need of mental health treatment. but his mother makes excuses for him. My husband's niece (different story) adopted her step son, who tried to kill her from age 3 and up. Until he got old enough (12) that he was big enough to push her down a flight of stairs, law enforcement could do nothing. I mean, they did the 3 day admits and stuff, but he was always sent home. There is a reason that this current shooter's brother hadn't seen him since 2010. One thing I do know, is you don't keep an arsenal of weapons around a deranged person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207