Portable pitching screen - Recommendations?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 30, 2012
Ashburn, VA
We are looking for a portable pitching screen. Any recommendations? Many that I found seem good, but are not very portable. Some of the more portable ones I am not sure I want to stand behind ;) Looking for one that we can break down and transport much like the Bownets we use for hitting.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
Bownet has the "I-screen" (half the width of a standard Bownet) and a pitch through screen that you can use with the poles you already have.

Sep 17, 2009
Bownet has the "I-screen" (half the width of a standard Bownet) and a pitch through screen that you can use with the poles you already have.

I strongly recommend as well..I like and use the I-screen using the poles of our previously purchased BigMouth.

Oct 30, 2012
Ashburn, VA
How does the Bownet I-screen do with hard hit balls?

Knowing that it uses the same poles as the hitting net, it seems like it would easily get knocked down.

Sep 17, 2009
Knowing that it uses the same poles as the hitting net, it seems like it would easily get knocked down.

I know it would seem that way, but it doesn't. It is half the width (you don't use the "middle pole)". And you have to spike it to the ground, but the trade-off is that it's super-portable, simply carry it in a bag (rather than haul around big metal side poles). Bownet's are nice products, worth a look...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12