Poll : HS vs TB-A

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
I am curious as heck.

I would like to get an opinion poll going here on the comparison of high school sb versus A-LEVEL TB sb.

When I say "A-Level" I mean that the tb team follows through with playing AND BEING ABLE TO STRONGLY COMPETE at the national level in a real organization (such as ASA).

WHich is more difficult/challenging for the player?

(TB-B and TB-C need NOT answer : those TB teams that just play the local circuits that usually just put themselves up against the rest of their local HS players)

So please respond back with your vote-label first ("HS" or "TB-A")

Oct 18, 2009
TB-A

by far.

This should be a no brainer, most TB-A 14u teams would likely annihilate all except a few nationally ranked HS teams (those nationally ranked HS teams probably have a TB-A pitcher and few other players). I know a few years ago my DD's 12u A TB team would have beaten most HS teams in our area except for the few with a top pitcher.

Jun 18, 2010
tb-a.... but.....

TB-A

by far.

This should be a no brainer, most TB-A 14u teams would likely annihilate all except a few nationally ranked HS teams (those nationally ranked HS teams probably have a TB-A pitcher and few other players). I know a few years ago my DD's 12u A TB team would have beaten most HS teams in our area except for the few with a top pitcher.

Do the TB-A players in your area play HS ball?

PDiddy's DD's HS team just won our state titile. If he is reading, I am sure he can correct me, but I'd bet their HS state championship team was comprised of high caliber A ball players. The team they beat to make it to the championship game, has a pitcher who won the state title last year and will be pitching at Oklahoma next year.

The major school districts in our area are comprised of the TB-A players of the various comp teams.

Smaller school districts and rural areas struggle to field competitive teams but the large metro schools teams IMO could easily compete at a very high TB-A level

Jul 26, 2010
If you are on a HS team that holds tryouts with 150 top-level softball players, and the coaches of the HS team are able to put the team together based on chemistry and synergy rather then just picking a conglomeration of the "best" position players, then you can say that your HS team is at the same level as a top tier travel team. Otherwise, no.

-W

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Curious why you would ask. There is no debate. And to make it even more obvious, you don't want to compare all of travel ball to all of HS ball, but rather TB-A vs. all of high school ball. Not much of a fight there.

Jul 26, 2010
If you are on a HS team that holds tryouts with 150 top-level softball players, and the coaches of the HS team are able to put the team together based on chemistry and synergy rather then just picking a conglomeration of the "best" position players, then you can say that your HS team is at the same level as a top tier travel team. Otherwise, no.

-W