"Play softball", Dad said...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2016
NTX
... "It'll be fun", he said.

She's 6U playing up in 8U... first practice this season, learning to catch. Ball bounced right past her glove. She toughed it out, though (better than her old man would've at her age)!

eye - Copy.jpgeye2 - Copy.jpg

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Ouch! Being the dad of a catcher, I'm used to seeing stitches marks on my DD's body...but not her face!! Heal quickly, little one!

Also...Welcome to DFP!! Enjoy the ride.

Dec 19, 2012
Ouchie!

Help her out dad. Buy a couple of Incrediballs, take her out in the back yard, and work with her on how to catch and field a ball.

Sep 28, 2015
no disrespect but if you have her playing up in 8u but can play in 6u , maybe you should leave her in 6u so she can learn to catch and work on the fundamentals.

Jul 26, 2016
NTX
"Learning to catch" was probably not the correct term.. she had been doing really well with the 6U squishy softballs. They'd hit her in the shoulder and she would be fine (maybe give me a funny look for a second). This was the first time, in practice, we used the real softballs. Figures this one didn't hit the shoulder.

I was, actually, torn between keeping her in 6U or moving her up to 8U. All the advice I got was to move her up as, at this level, there isn't much of a difference between the two (as opposed to, say 10U playing up in 12U) and playing her up would develop her skills quicker. We're in the lower tier division with either 1) other 6U teams playing up and 2) older girls who've never played before so, hopefully, the move was warranted.

And, thanks for the welcome (have been a long time lurker)! She's the first of four so I could be around for a while.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd