Pitching Coach in So Cal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2012
Will be in So Cal a few times over the summer for tournaments. Looking for pitching coach recommendations that are familiar with I/R style mechanics. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2013
SoCal is a large area, can you be more specific? Orange County, I would see Gary Mullican "Strictly Softball fastpitch Academy" or in the Los Angeles Area, Kat Slaten-Ayala "Kat's Pitching Perfection" in Simi Valley. Note: I have not paid for lessons from them but they produce some top talent in the region.

Feb 7, 2013
DFP'er "Mike-Coach Q" is in Glendora.

West Coast Fastpitch? Interesting, Mike mentions on his website that his DD who was his inspiration to be a pitching coach played D1 (OSU) but I don't think she pitched in college?

I think the bottom-line is that parents/players need to really do their research on pitching coaches since they are paying a lot of money. For example, Gary M. charges $50 per 1/2 hour lesson so I would definitely call him and speak with him prior to a lesson to make sure you are going to get what you think you are paying for.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Thanks Eric I appreciate the recommendation. For myself, I'm not driven by money nor do I want to be accused of solitating on this site. I've learned IR on this site from boardmember. He was kind enough to discuss some thing over the phone and help me on my way. In my opinion I'm a better pitching coach for it.

Rocket is correct my daughter was not a pitcher, and did play at OSU. I fell in love with softball and coaching. My quest Is to be the best coach I can to the students that put their faith and trust in me. I'm sure, you won't have any trouble in our area, finding several pitching coaches with excellent creditentals. Sting Ray, if I can help or answer and questions feel free to contact me Mike 626 536 3568

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole