Pitch critique?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Much better. Wish they were closer, but understand the privacy issue. It will be much easier to point out some things to work on from these side views.

Anne
Your DD is doing a great job for her age. In this clip the first two pitches display a forward lean of the upper torso as she is releasing the ball.......not great front side resistance or transfer of energy...note how she walks out after the pitch. The third pitch is significantly better relative to upper torso posture being almost behind vertical at time of release....and much less walking out. Try to emulate the third pitch with maybe just a little more upper torso backwards tilt at time of release.
Keep up the good work.

One more:

https://youtu.be/vvw1GCAcNxw

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
A poster on this forum once said something very helpful for me....I wish I knew who it was so that I could thank them....But the poster said that it is much easier to communicate what to do instead of repeating what not to do. Plus telling your dd what to do comes across more positive instead stating what NOT to do. So instead of giving cues like don't lean forward just give her the cue like keep you chin up....kinda hard to have bad posture with your chin up....or stick the pitch like a gyminist instead of saying don't walk through your pitch. I am not an expert....just a parent of a dd that's learning how to pitch.

Oct 4, 2016
A poster on this forum once said something very helpful for me....I wish I knew who it was so that I could thank them....But the poster said that it is much easier to communicate what to do instead of repeating what not to do. Plus telling your dd what to do comes across more positive instead stating what NOT to do. So instead of giving cues like don't lean forward just give her the cue like keep you chin up....kinda hard to have bad posture with your chin up....or stick the pitch like a gyminist instead of saying don't walk through your pitch. I am not an expert....just a parent of a dd that's learning how to pitch.

Makes perfect sense! Thanks!

Sep 29, 2014
The amount of front leg resistance is an issue but I think the bigger issue is the locked arm from 12 to 6. You can have resistance all you want but if there is not a powerful whip to resist you won't be maximizing your potential.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06