Our Jennie Finch camp experience

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We have met her a few times, she is great.

I do not mind paying for the experience, DD forgets the SB stuff in a week anyways.

Aug 12, 2014
I took my DD to the camp in Tucson last November. Basically they are about getting to meet Jennie Finch and getting excited about softball. The instruction wasn't anything great. But Bustos wasn't at our camp.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
...at least Bustos teaches pretty much what she does when she swings.

Unfortunately, this is not the case.

I'm sure that interacting with Finch and Bustos is a very cool experience for a young player, and there are benefits that go way beyond the technical aspects of the instruction. That said, both Finch and Bustos teach mechanics that are different than what they actually used to achieve their success.

Jun 12, 2015
I definitely think that the good outweighed the bad, by a lot. 100% worth doing if your DD loves Jennie Finch like mine does. :)

Feb 7, 2014
But Bustos wasn't at our camp.

Ya got robbed my friend - I didn't stick around for the hitting demonstration she put on, but I'm told it was one of the best segments of the camp watching her send towering shots in to the next county !

Jun 12, 2015
I wish I'd watched the hitting demo. I was just being lazy, didn't feel like walking over to where they were doing it so I stayed put in my chair, reading. I could hear all the screaming and cheering though.

Apr 12, 2015
Bottom line is simple....Jennie and her dad sell a brand. They call that brand Hello Elbow pitching mechanics. All their instruction is focused on selling that brand. They can never evolve their thinking or instruction because of this brand (check out Amanda Scarborough's evolution as an instructor to learn what Jennie should be doing).

Jennie was a phenomenal pitcher and a really good role model for kiddos. Her instruction, however, has many flaws.

By the way, isn't a straight drop ball basically thrown with HE mechanics? Strange how that is dangerous.....

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2015
Hrm, I would say a peel drop has very similar mechanics to HE mechanics. But maybe my thinking is wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad