open mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2011
I would like to find some clips or at least names of some d1 pitchers with mechanics that would be considered open

Jan 27, 2010
Maybe I misunderstand your question, but in no way is Dallas Escobedo IMO an open style pitcher if you mean she opens and delivers the pitch in an open position. You only have to look at her on model pitchers thread.

Aug 19, 2011
does anyone know any academies or dvds that teach these open mechanics like whitney canion uses.

I don't know about Whitney Canion, but if you look at the video of Bill Hillhouse demonstrating a rise ball release on the last page of the "IR, Hello Elbow, etc." thread and would say that his mechanics are "open," then his video might be just what you want. I've approved of the change in my DD's pitching style from one in which she closed her shoulders very rapidly and leaned significantly to the side in order to make room for her arm past closed hips to one in which she stays better in balance and keeps the arm circle more consistently aligned with her body. It looks smoother and less stressful on her shoulder, and her control has improved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad