Ok, I'm a bad parent...again

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
DD's been complaining that she's having trouble seeing the board in school. DH and I had been talking seriously about getting an eye appointment for her, but we hadn't gotten around to it. It just seemed too hard to fit into our schedule.

So the school nurse called me up today and said DD's science teacher had asked her to test her eyes; she'd been having other kids read the board to her. One eye was 20-100 and the other was 20-70. So DH called the eye doctor, got an appointment for this afternoon, left work and took her in. Now she's learning to stick contacts in her eyes.

She's been catching and hitting the cover off the ball...don't ask me how?!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD catches and wears contacts. You might consider a pair of rec specs for the bag incase she gets a facefull of dirt or a dust devil shows up and powders her eyes.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Several years ago, my DGD's catching instructor noticed that she was stabbing at the ball a lot. She was hitting the ball really well though. So he suggested she get an eye exam. Sure enough, she needed contacts. It made a big difference with her, she stopped stabbing at the ball and started to hit a little better. Never hurts to get their eyes checked, even if you don't think there is a problem.

Apr 1, 2010
As I recall from eye appointments she could see things up close and not far away. I am the opposite.

Yes, that's the case. She can read books and her laptop, and even her cello music sheets a couple of feet away with no problem, but the board at the front of the classroom was too blurry.

Apr 1, 2010
DD catches and wears contacts. You might consider a pair of rec specs for the bag incase she gets a facefull of dirt or a dust devil shows up and powders her eyes.

Yes, I had to rush off yesterday before I could ask for advice on what sorts of things we should have with us. Solution and eye-drops, obviously, but are there other helpful things? I'm wondering how we can find a clean and non-wind-blown enough place at the fields for her to wash out her contacts and get them back in?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi