NSA World Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2009
OK, really dumb question. DD's team just won a tournament that has an automatic bid to the NSA WS going to the winner.

Does that mean it's our choice on whether to go to the WS? Basically we're "qualified", right? But I know there are a lot of tournaments in our state alone that has automatic bids. So add in the other 5-6 states that would be in our region, wouldn't that be like hundreds of teams that "qualify"?

Not a coach, just a wondering parent.

Feb 8, 2009
Normally, in NSA, you must play in the state tournament also to receive your bid. The bids are passed, if someone refuses.

Jul 21, 2009
Thanks alexander. I caught that. I'm guessing we'll play in our state (we're new to this club, so I'm not sure what's "normal") tourney since it's close to home.

To play in NSA WS (Nationals) you HAVE to play in your NSA State tourny to qualify. Teams that never win a 'bid' yet play in the NSA state tourney are eligable for the WS....paying the heafty tournament fee. If you win a bid I'm pretty sure you can enter any regions NSA WS....not specifically the closest to you. NSA WS is not exclusive only to bid winners.
OK, really dumb question.
....no such thing on this forum :)
Does that mean it's our choice on whether to go to the WS? Basically we're "qualified", right? But I know there are a lot of tournaments in our state alone that has automatic bids. So add in the other 5-6 states that would be in our region, wouldn't that be like hundreds of teams that "qualify"?
.....Yes it is your choice. You don't 'have' to play. If you don't use the bid your team won it will be given to the second place team. 3 summers ago at the Nationals in Columbus OH there were over 70 teams in the 16u's. Last year in Chattanooga TN there was almost 40 teams in 18u.
Play NSA Website ....surf around thier site, sounds like you'll doing this softball stuff for a while :)

Jul 21, 2009
Thanks DG. I've been to the NSA website. I just didn't find anything clarifying the path to the WS. ;)

Again, I don't know what this team's plans are. I'm just happy they accepted DD and she contributed in the tournament. Coach told her and me after we were done that he wasn't quite sure what he'd get out of her and he was pleasantly surprised. He's willing to work with her on her weaknesses and make her a better ballplayer. I can't ask for much else.:cool:

I just didn't find anything clarifying the path to the WS.

There is no 'path' per say to the NSA WS....the bid you won basically paid for your entrance fee to Nationals....which is called NSA World Series
If your asking about the WS tournament shown on ESPN> I've no clue where or how that path begins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877