No Progression With Pitch Speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
We limit long toss to a certain distance because it creates breakdowns in mechanics. We see that the girls actually use their arm and elbow too much, and it is not supportive enough of a movement for real pitching. At some point we want them working on spins too, so there is limited time in HS.

These are some sites to poke around. We tend to want the pitchers to do varied activites that do not always involve the pitching motion.

Fastpitch Power - Softball Drills, Windmill Pitching Instruction, Strength Training, Injury Prevention, Blog
Fastpitch Pitching Drills - Coach at a Click
The Athletic Softball Pitcher Training Program with Coaches Wolforth and Scarborough - YouTube (AS)

Auburn Softball Wednesday Workout 9 22 2010.wmv - YouTube (Auburn--google any of their many many workouts)

Thanks for the links. Will look at these over the weekend!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
This is a Title IX violation big time if softballers are not allowed in the weight room. Do other boys' sports use it?

I spoke to my AD and we are going to try our best to get the weight training going for softball players en masse. Every year I try; mostly parents who are against it, but I get one or two who will do it. What insurance policy says only certain athletes can go in there? We have to split up the time across sports. When I was in HS, we could use the weight room, please don't tell me we are going backwards.

It is only a T9 violation if the coach wants to use it and they are denied. If the coach never asks it is a moot point.

Jun 19, 2013
Bump -

Hey Riseball would you be willing to share what your DD's long toss work outs were/are like? and was long toss part of her training at school too?

Thanks for any info!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi