New PC: First Lesson

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Took DD to a gym night with guest PC John Gay. We had a really great time. He liked what DD was doing, but gave her the assignments to get more open and relax her whip. He also encouraged me to teach her more than I do, which she's asked for in the past, but I've resisted.

He and I got to throwing and he started coaching me, which was fun for the girls there. He says I need to work on being more relaxed and not muscling. The girls got a kick out of this.

We started goofing around with spins and trick pitches. His rise about took my head off. He threw a behind the back rise and I threw my BTB curve. I tried the rise and it was easier than I thought. He went Michael Jordan on us and pitched one behind his back, off a basketball backboard and it went right to me. Then he threw some overhand, under the armpit and up and over his back three pointers. He ended doing one of these from full court that bounced off the top of the backboard! The girls got into it and balls started flying everywhere!

At the end of the evening, he invited us to stop by to talk softball and do some slow-mo recording some time. The evening was a blast and I'm sure it was more fun for me than DD!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish