New LXT Plus noise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Saw a brand new LXT Plus snap in half in the middle of the barrel today, hitting front toss with regular softballs. It was no louder than any other LXT up until that point. Then it was really loud. :p

May 3, 2016
So our 2016 xeno plus started making this same noise after 3 weeks of practicing probably over 100 balls. It's definetly different sound now but not with every hit. If checked and no cracks, nothing that I can see, no rattling, no movement. But we played in a rec game last night and when my daughter hit it made a loud metal against metal sound and the crowd buzzed with ppl saying that bat is broke or something. Ugh...some people are saying it's normal in this model and others say it coukd have moved something inside. Have we come to any conclusion as to whether this louder tink/clank sound =broke ?? I've heard the "breaking glass sound on videos and that's what our bat sounded like out of the wrapper but this is different. Another play hit after my daughter and it didn't make the same sound. I'm so confused and hard to tell on performance just yet with our daughter who is getting used to the bat because we went up a size from her old one. Any suggestions/thoughts is greatly appreciate. The weird sound I'm talking about is the same exact sound as the orginal post in this feed. Thanks!

Feb 17, 2015
USA
So our 2016 xeno plus started making this same noise after 3 weeks of practicing probably over 100 balls. It's definetly different sound now but not with every hit. If checked and no cracks, nothing that I can see, no rattling, no movement. But we played in a rec game last night and when my daughter hit it made a loud metal against metal sound and the crowd buzzed with ppl saying that bat is broke or something. Ugh...some people are saying it's normal in this model and others say it coukd have moved something inside. Have we come to any conclusion as to whether this louder tink/clank sound =broke ?? I've heard the "breaking glass sound on videos and that's what our bat sounded like out of the wrapper but this is different. Another play hit after my daughter and it didn't make the same sound. I'm so confused and hard to tell on performance just yet with our daughter who is getting used to the bat because we went up a size from her old one. Any suggestions/thoughts is greatly appreciate. The weird sound I'm talking about is the same exact sound as the orginal post in this feed. Thanks!

Look at your previous post on the other thread. I posted a link to a thread where this topic was already discussed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kograd