Never give up!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 30, 2014
Central Ohio
O
I am a father of a pitcher, she is not the extremely athletic type and has to work 3 times harder for every success that she has. She has always been small, up till last year. 1st year 14u, she grew 12 inches, her speed went from 40mph to consistantly 52-55mph, she still is not very dominating although at times she does very well. She is definately NOT an A class fielder or hitter or runner but....she loves it and works EXTREMELY hard at it and I will ALWAYS support her. I LOVE watching her have some success. Who knows what she could become? But if she quit we would never find out. In the end its not about college scholarships, it is about a young girl spending weekends with friends doing something she loves, it is about the memories of having Daddy sit on the bucket catching for thousands of hours, The family time we spend together for 10 months during the season's. Because THIS season, the season of "when my daugther played softball" is THE HAPPIEST TIME IN MY LIFE and I wouldn't trade it for NOTHING!

Great post and I can relate to a lot of what you wrote. Thanks!

Jun 13, 2012
So, yesterday freshman DD was put in to pitch against the 15th highest ranked High school (max preps) in the nation. She has always been told she was too small and won't amount to much. This child will come home from a 3 hour practice at school and ask to go work on pitching or hitting after dinner most everyday they don't have games. She pitched excellent and they won 2-0. Last fall she would walk at least 1-2 per inning and get hit pretty good. DONT EVER GIVE UP!!!

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
My daughter has signed a letter of intent to pitch at a small NAIA school in southern Illinois! The coach was excited to get her!! College career will be launched this fall! Never give up!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission