Need to quote rule allowing slingshot.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
Had a rec league director tell me years ago I had to start making the pitchers windmill pitch. She wanted to teach the girls "real softball" and said the slingshot wasn't legal. She didn't like it when I explained the rules do in fact allow the slingshot and there was nothing I could do to force them to windmill.

Nov 29, 2009
We threw the ephus pitch 103 times last year and it was only hit twice; both times for a single. It's a great pitch.

Had girl throw one against us last year. The ump called it an illegal pitch. The coach from the other team asked him what was illegal about it. He said it was "deception." The pitch she threw was legal. She did not continue the arm rotation after the delivery.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Had girl throw one against us last year. The ump called it an illegal pitch. The coach from the other team asked him what was illegal about it. He said it was "deception." The pitch she threw was legal. She did not continue the arm rotation after the delivery.

Deception. You mean like a change up, delayed steal, hit and run, or suicide squeeze?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008

Must have been a west coast umpire

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles