Need some help on arm location.......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Gotta laugh! Lil DD came in the bedroom to get her gadget-ma-thingy and I showed her the clip again. She said its too hard to whip from a pose and her shoulders were like a door! (I've gotta get one of these things...)

Last edited:

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Gotta laugh! Lil DD came in the bedroom to get her gadget-ma-thingy and I showed her the clip again. She said its too hard to whip from a pose and her shoulders were like a door! (I've gotta get one of these things...)

Dang Ken... how old is this lil dd of yours? She oughta me a moderator on here! That's awesome...! And what is this gadget you refer to?

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Her iPod Touch She won it for being the top fundraiser in our league. I've been playing with it and should prolly get my own.

Lil DD (10) gets very little instruction from me and desperately needs to start lessons. She's picked up a lot by hanging out at lessons. (I guess I might occasionally make suggestions from the bucket.) She amazes me at how much she's picked up, but could really use some instruction.
She actually understood lock before I did! Hoping to find someone by next month and get her going.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Lizzy102013 Arm Drill2 - YouTube

I think this is better??? I tried to do a gif file in slo mo but for some reason the program i use wouldnt transfer the file. She is really trying to keep the palm up longer and pulling the tricep into her side. I think we are going to incorporate these drills into our regular routine. It really seemed to help when we pitched after we did these......

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Boomers,

I like the video format, makes it easier for me to see through the dither and lossy artifacts that most gif programs add.

For what it's worth... I use Freemake to convert the video to an mpeg that removes any video codecs that aren't universally supported. I then import the mpeg into photoshop, and that allows me to edit on the fly and save the gif.

Lizzy does a full motion pitch in the video... and it looks good. You can see the results everyday with her. I'd still be curious to see the drill.. as opposed to the pitch. I have a tendency to encourage slight exaggeration in drills, so that when they do the full motion, the exaggerated drill movements become the correct mechanics in the pitch.

I make drills similar to BM's 9, show it, and 3/4 a part of a daily routine... and like Rick P commented in another thread, a ritual pre-game.

If you do post an update of the 9 drill... could you remove the step from the routine? Watch BM's feet when he does it. If Lizzy could do that... it would really help me see something I'm trying to understand with her motion. Lastly, could you move the camera so that it's still from the side, but slightly in front of her? Selfish requests... I know... but it would help. Reference the angle BM uses in his drills, if it's still unclear.

You guys rock. Keep it up!

Btw, I did post that vid breakdown on the last long response.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Java, i went back and looked at BM's lock it in drill. We will do that tomorrow and I will post a vid. That is an awesome graphic on the previous post. That really shows the upper body closing. The angle/degree indicator is perfect! Good stuff!!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
1.gif
IR0-20131020.gif
slo-mo.gif

Last edited:

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Gonna need a little time on this one... I'll PM you before posting - as I want to run something by you first. Thanks for posting. Good angles. Normally - I prefer your original side angle, but these two helped me a lot. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes