Need Help who do I Listen to?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
Make sure to read all the sticky's in this Pitching section. You can't go wrong reading anything posted by Rick Pauly, Boardmember, or JavaSource. Also, as you learn more from your pitching coach, please share with all of us.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
What Rocket is really saying...

Sneak a camera with audio into every practice. Then upload those videos onto a server... sharing with the DFP crowd the server address/ ftp site. ;)

Once your done with that session, meet up with BoardMember and do the same... he's relatively close... I think.

On a side note... who does she idolize as a pitcher? If she doesn't have one... ask Rich to provide her with times she can meet some of his elite students. That is the ultimate gift, that keeps on giving. Then, show her the hansen principle.

She will follow who she respects the most... help her find that respect in a top pitcher... and then show her what they do on video.

Last edited:

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Very lucky DD! Wish I was a few hundred miles closer! Great person and coach. You are in good hands.

You folks don't know how lucky you are to be close to these guys!!! Read all the sticky's, learn all you can from here, pay close attention Mr Balswick. Don't worry with team coach, your dd will have lots of opportunities. Good pitchers are hard to come by. Won't be hard to find her a place to play.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Many of these team "pitching" coaches are out in left field, but they don't know it. Proclaiming yourself as a pitching coach, or being given the title of team pitching coach, doesn't mean you are a good one.

As long as your DD pitches better than the other kids (and there is no doubt she will)

That is frustrating because she is clearly the teams number 1 pitcher because she throws strikes and hardly gives away walks any team they are playing with good hitters my daughter pitche every Championship game she starts. But the team PC spends the most time with my daughter. On Tuesday I wanted to yell why don't you work with girls that walk at least three batters per inning!

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
That is frustrating because she is clearly the teams number 1 pitcher because she throws strikes and hardly gives away walks any team they are playing with good hitters my daughter pitche every Championship game she starts. But the team PC spends the most time with my daughter. On Tuesday I wanted to yell why don't you work with girls that walk at least three batters per inning!
This way PC can 'claim' he taught your DD how to pitch.:rolleyes:

What Rocket is really saying...

Sneak a camera with audio into every practice. Then upload those videos onto a server... sharing with the DFP crowd the server address/ ftp site. ;)

Once your done with that session, meet up with BoardMember and do the same... he's relatively close... I think.

On a side note... who does she idolize as a pitcher? If she doesn't have one... ask Rich to provide her with times she can meet some of his elite students. That is the ultimate gift, that keeps on giving. Then, show her the hansen principle.

She will follow who she respects the most... help her find that respect in a top pitcher... and then show her what they do on video.
So you want me to get Rich mad at me!?! Just kidding I have been thinking about recording lessons so my Daughter can re watch in between lessons when she get's confused i'll ask Rich. I can barely afford Rich can't get two PC's my wallet is already pretty thin. Who does my daughter idolize? I think like all little girls the first pitcher she knew about was Finch my daughter read her book loved watching videos of her pitching. Recently she really likes Hawkins from Oregon and Grauer from UCLA. She also last week found video of a Girl Named Pauly that she has been watching and keeps looking for more video on her. My daughter is way more into softball than I ever could have imagined.
On another note I re read I/R in the classroom and I think i get it (somewhat). My question with this information available why do a lot of people still want a snap up with wrist? I meam i am not the smartest person out there but I am smart enough to know what I don't know and seek help from people that do or at least ask questions.

Mar 12, 2009
Invite your teams PC to a lesson with Rich and let Rich explain to the PC the differences. Like Java, BM, or Pauly... Rich will not only be able to explain the differences, he will be able to show an example or two of which way allows for the most force/energy to be put into the ball.