Need advice on the best way to part ways with my dd's pc

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2016
She is just a local girl that was just getting started when my dd was 9. I have been staying because I kept telling myself that my dd had pretty good
mechanics and did have IR. Most important she has good results in the circle. This last weekend was an eye opener for us that my dd could be that much better with proper instruction. I Can't figure out how my dd has been pitching with IR on her own. What's funny is I can remember her being told by one of her travel ball coaches that she had bad mechanics and needed to fix it even though she was out pitching his daughter with better speed and accuracy. I didn't know why then but I do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2014
She is just a local girl that was just getting started when my dd was 9. I have been staying because I kept telling myself that my dd had pretty good
mechanics and did have IR. Most important she has good results in the circle. This last weekend was an eye opener for us that my dd could be that much better with proper instruction. I Can't figure out how my dd has been pitching with IR on her own. What's funny is I can remember her being told by one of her travel ball coaches that she had bad mechanics and needed to fix it even though she was out pitching his daughter with better speed and accuracy. I didn't know why then but I do now.

I've been learning a lot in the last few weeks.
My DD joined a new team that has good pitchers.. She's used to being the #1.. Not anymore. And we (my wife and I) like it.
Sometimes change is good. We've been pretty blessed with good coaches but we have not had the same pitching coach for more than a year. Each one helped her in their own way and the next took over and added to it.
Good luck with the conversation, I know from experience that it can be tough.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York

Do you know where\who you are going to before you say good bye?

Are you sure that PC teaches what you feel are the best mechanics for your DD?

CP

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Steer that pitching coach to this site.

I would have a talk with pc about this site and what you believe are proper mechanics. Maybe, just maybe she's young enough and not set in her ways to check it out. I've suggested this site to a couple of PC's, but no luck. Oh well. Lots to learn here. The best source for a parent wanting to learn in my opinion.

Jun 14, 2016
I will probably continue to take her to Bh. A long ways to go but worth it for proper instruction.I have thought about showing her what my dd was taught and see if she is receptive to it. I wouldn't leave unless I was sure. This has been a tough decision.

Jun 12, 2015
I would not bother to talk mechanics with her. Just you're going to try something new, see if a change will get her to the next level. Nothing personal. I talked to a local PC when ours moved further away, trying to find someone closer. It really didn't go well. I mean, it was a friendly conversation but people mostly are set in their ways. If she wants to learn about proper mechanics there's plenty of info out there. I'm just a mom who never even played sports and I found it. She can too if she's motivated to help her students become better pitchers. To me it's not worth getting into a thing over. JMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom