Need a Ball Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I am going to get back in to coaching at the JV level and just looked at my old ball glove. It is trashed. It has a hole all the way through the pocket and the thumb is messed up. So, I am going to have to get a new glove. When I say "new" I mean new to me. I guess I'll be making a trip to play it again sports to see what they have and then to some yard sales. I don't want to put the money into a new glove if I don't have to. Man, it was hard to throw my old glove into the trash but it was not fixable. I bet I've had that glove 30 years. Good bye ole friend.

Jul 21, 2015
Man, i would never even consider buying a second hand glove. I don't like to let anyone put their hand in my glove even for a minute, let alone play with one that was broken in on someone else's hand.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I have already had it repaired a couple of times. I learned how to repair gloves back in the middle 70s from a shoe repairman who then sent his business to me. (I can't tell you how much money I have lost over the years because of that and repairing hundreds of gloves for free trying to save them.) The leather in whole is shot. I do appreciate the posts on saving it.

Per other hands in a glove, I too was that way with my glove when I played. I've had several gloves in the time I've had this old 12" Gold Glove H Web. However, this was my real game glove and so, I would guess that I am the only one that has ever put it on. I won a customized Easton 13 inch OF glove as "Defensive Player" of a tournament in Indianapolis in 1989. It was a great OF glove but I gave it away to a kid that could not afford a glove. I had a Glovesmith OF glove that was nice but I also gave it away. I had a Gold Glove H Web OF glove that I used for a year or two but a nephew needed it.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
eBay.......

The problem is that I have to put the glove on. It has to have a feel to it. I think I will send out an email to some of my former players and see if some of them have a glove sitting around. Many of those gloves I purchased through various glove purchase programs and/or discounts. I will coach HS for 4 more years before I retire. BTW, if I have to, I can ask BB for her old OF Nokona but I really want her to have the same type of relationship with a glove that I had. She has her 1B Mitt and that Nokona. I bought that Nokona for her in 2007.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26