Muchera - a different type of sliding pants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
The other day in my email I found an interesting note from someone who has invented a new type of sliding pants. These pants, under the brand name Muchera, combine traditional sliding pants with knee and shin protection.

That's an interesting concept. Back when I started coaching in the 1990s, sliding pads were a big thing in fastpitch softball. Of course, the players wore shorts then, so if you didn't have some sort of knee/shin protection you'd end up with some pretty nasty-looking scrapes and bruises. They also wore slider shorts - some padded, some not.

This new idea combines the two of them. Given that almost all female fastpitch teams these days are wearing regular baseball pants it makes sense. You can throw these on underneath and no one will be the wiser. No more hassling with trying to remember if you packed your slider after the last game or not. (Incidentally, for you slow pitch players they have them in men's sizes as well.)

So where can you get them? That's the thing. They're not available yet. The inventor is looking for backing to get the first 300 pairs produced. It's an example of crowdsourcing - asking a lot of people to give a little rather than one person to put up the money.

If you're interested in seeing them come to fruition, you can go to this website to make a donation. The creator says anyone who supports him will be rewarded with Muchera gear - in addition to seeing this product become a reality.

In any case, give it a look. Sure looks like a good idea to me.

More...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26