Mp30?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2011
This hitting device has probably been discussed...before my time on this site.

Just looking for any hands on experience with this bat, Pros & Cons?

Thanks ahead of time.

Oct 19, 2009
I never herd of it before, but here is a small explnation of the device and how it is intended to work.

mp30-jaime-cevallos__31475_std.jpg

The MP30 Training Bat is used for baseball and softball, and by professionals and amateurs, to improve their hitting in very little time. The MP30 Training Bat is designed to make the player swing with his/her bigger and stronger muscles, from the ground up. It is made from a select heavy Maple wood and designed to take the wrist snap out of the swing so the player must use his bigger muscles in his legs and torso to hit the ball. After using the MP30 Training Bat for a few minutes, the player then goes back to his regular bat and once again adds his wrist snap. Now he is using his bigger muscles ALONG WITH his wrists snap to hit the ball and he has his new, more powerful and consistent swing.

Announcing: Jaime Cevallos & the MP30 made The Starting Lineup!

Nov 29, 2011
I have the bat, just unsure if I am helping or hurting by using it - looking for experienced feedback or thoughts based on design and purpose of the bat.

The handle size, weight, and length of the bat are suppose to encourage the slot position and a connected swing.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It's a weighted barrel ... and IMO should be used as such. The bat is short enough so as to enable 'control' ... and heavy enough so as to discourage powering of the swing with the 'arms/shoulders'. The handle is a bit wide ... with the intent being to discourage the notion of powering the swing with 'the wrists' and to instead force the hitter to focus on using 'their body'.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
It's a weighted barrel ... and IMO should be used as such. The bat is short enough so as to enable 'control' ... and heavy enough so as to discourage powering of the swing with the 'arms/shoulders'. The handle is a bit wide ... with the intent being to discourage the notion of powering the swing with 'the wrists' and to instead force the hitter to focus on using 'their body'.

What do you mean by "weighted barrel"? It looks like a heavy wood with an even weight distribution.

Nov 29, 2011
The bat is fairly balanced in weight, it does not feel like a heavy end load at all. I actually have the MP28, which is 36oz, and I believe your correct that the MP30 is 40oz.

I was hoping to get some hands on users for opinions. More so, was hoping to hear if taking the wrist snap out of the swing was a good idea with the female hitter, as this fat handle discourages full wrist/hand use? It seems that my 14u kids have a hard time using their hands properly (hammer/bat lag) into impact as it is.

Maybe I am answering my own question..... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG