Moving up to 12u small hand pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
You might also take a look at the Akadema ABJ74 - 12 inch. My daughter had this glove when she was about the same age. She has a small hand and it worked well for her.

If you're looking at Akadema, this ^^^ is the one I would recommend. That said, Vinci makes very nice gloves.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have a new with tags A2000 FP1175 that would do well on a small hand. Had it sold again and coming
back to me as the buyer changed mind. LMK...will sell very cheap considering its an A2000

Mar 29, 2013
My dd has struggled with this since she started playing and is around the same age as yours. Very small and fine boned compared to rest of team. We got tired of replacing cheap gloves every 6 months and decided to try the BV-1929-1 like everyone said to do. Very nice glove, VERY good leather, but still very big, somewhat heavy and a BEAST to break-in. There is no way she could comfortably play with this thing even though it is getting somewhat broke in. Loose on wrist with no way to tighten, and she spends time pushing it back up. Great glove though and one she will use eventually.

The small akadema is one I'd like to see. What we have done is gone the $50-75 dollar route until she is big even to maneuver a bigger glove around. Her favorite glove of all is actually a Wilson baseball glove that is cheap and small however it couldn't take the abuse. If you go the Vinci route have a backup just in case .

Last edited:
May 28, 2014
The BV-1929 wrist strap can be adjusted and tightened . I know on my DD's I cant even get my hand in it due to how small it is without really working it. This goes for all "open back" Vinci gloves

My dd has struggled with this since she started playing and is around the same age as yours. Very small and fine boned compared to rest of team. We got tired of replacing cheap gloves every 6 months and decided to try the BV-1929-1 like everyone said to do. Very nice glove, VERY good leather, but still very big, somewhat heavy and a BEAST to break-in. There is no way she could comfortably play with this thing even though it is getting somewhat broke in. Loose on wrist with no way to tighten, and she spends time pushing it back up. Great glove though and one she will use eventually.

The small akadema is one I'd like to see. What we have done is gone the $50-75 dollar route until she is big even to maneuver a bigger glove around. Her favorite glove of all is actually a Wilson baseball glove that is cheap and small however it couldn't take the abuse. If you go the Vinci route have a backup just in case .

Mar 1, 2015
Do you have both these Vincy gloves in stock. I would like to have my daughter try them on before I commit to anything I can send you a deposit or just pay for them upfront and see which one she likes if any.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I've had several players (including my younger daughter) have a lot of success with the Akadema ATS 77. She went from a Mizuno 11.5" to a Louisville 12.5 and didn't like it at all. But she loved the ATS 77. So have many others with small hands. Nice and light, easy break-in, durable.

May 13, 2015

On the Vinci 1929 YouTube tight wrist Pedroia style. You can lace it tighter, I've posted pics here recently.

It does take awhile to break in, so it's a good idea to order one before your one is completely shot.

Oct 16, 2014
My DD is a small 11yo pitcher that just moved to 12U with VERY small hands. We got her a Wilson A800 12 inch glove . It's been a great glove, fits her well and is lightweight. It will wear out faster than a "better" glove but it's really all her hand can handle right now (and we tried A LOT of gloves, maybe 7-8 different ones ,I had to send all of them back)
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...PITCH-GLOVES&gclid=CLPI8P2Jq9ACFU5XDQodBm4Fsg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad