Moving on

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Got sucked in with a local team for my daughter, we were tired of the driving...what a mistake! She's a 14u, they told me should could play on there 16u cause they didn't have a 14u team! What a joke 1 actual 16u player the rest are 14u, the coach has 2 daughters on the team and yes you guessed it she's the 16 u player. His half baked idea so he could coach both his daughters!! Half the girls have no travel or limited experience, we're getting slaughtered except by the weakest of teams!!!one last tournament tomorrow then were running for the door! Only problem is my daughter goes to school with 3 or 4 girls and they have bonded . I hate breaking this up but this isn't going to make her a better player playing up and getting killed or trying to look for really weak "b" tournaments for them to compete in! The coach has no travel experience and is batting his daughters one-two in the line up( sound like daddy coach x 2?) and the production has been anemic! He would be laughed out of Asa "a" ball. Already got a offer from a another team and two others want to look! I guess we're on the road again!!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Stay away from the local... I heard the promise/threat of keeping the girls together for HS. It started at 9yrs.old. I kept DD playing up while I was in that mess because of no other choices. These people are serious... They are AC's of JV. They are going to be there! They don't have anywhere else to go. Like a cyst... encapsulated geography. They are but battling bacteria, who's food source is the decayed debris they dominate, and feed off of the waste of the opportunities they have walled. This is why the internet is such a threat. Gob forbid you find a drill on your own...you can, but it will never be used. They are offended by your even searching...

I got 4 yrs. before I'll need to move to another district. Even my first choice for that has another cast of charters that would be blocking too. Even third choice will require that she stay at her age...no playing varsity as a freshman, as it will be the daddy coach x 2 too... They even move into TB as groups of 4 or more. Fortunately for me this year, we have crossed paths with another really good player...that we didn't even know lived in our town. They have already changed school districts, and found their way to the same "A" team we are on. Her mom is the primary spokesperson for her DD. That put an end to me trying to explain to DD's mom the sad stories. She has 2x the horror stories, and is very willing to chat at length with DW. I'm not crazy anymore.... lol

It makes me think about the article posted this week in the Daddy Ball thread by quincy.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Daddy-Ball...rts&id=4776840

It is just a norm in all sports. But now I can see it is in everything, including our "Gold Goal".... valedictorian! You got the same obstacle of blocking. I'm going to work on the parallels later.

Here is one> random homemade drills = no book for the course & pop quizzes.

Anyways what I would suggest is that you really work on building your social network of friends for DD. I always encourage DD to maintain relationships with her core of lifelong friends... they have got off the Fastpitch train long ago. I also teach her to turn acquaintances into to close friends. I encourage her to find the hands down smartest girl in her class....they stand out just like a SS. I would love to have one come to DD's games, and study on the trips, and let DD learn how a genius throws her CU at the science fair. I have seen one before! I worked on a awesome project w/DD's brother 10 yrs ago. It was awesome and we were done early. I made the mistake of wanting to get it delivered early. It was the rave of the principle... he had been really helping to encourage the boy, and was even proud of his effort. I kept askin how we did... It turned out that one DB smartest friends mom was there...long story short... The judging was delayed 3 days because he was sick, but changed his project... DB still won, and always had perfect attendance, to the teachers chagrin. (try to spell that word)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Sticks,I understand your problem but just so you know, I see you said this coach would be laughed at by ASA a teams. If you read the posters on here you will see that every dd is an "A player or a 10u player playing on a 14u team, or Gold team".It is a bunch of crap! Once I wish someone would post my dd plays on a local B team. There is nothing wrong with playing on a B team. Also there is nothing wrong with your dd playing with girls she does't know and staying friends with the other girls. Also don't pick your dd's friends,like other do on here, that poster has to have control of every aspect of his dd's live and thinks not one of the coaches know more then him. Sometimes the daddyball person doesn't even coach his dd's team. by the way my dd would be considered on a local B team and plays hard and has fun.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
void.png

A, B or C is just the ASA status of the org. you play for. I want to be a Team manager by the time DD gets to 14U... looks like I'll be needing to start my own org. too... :{))

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2009
A, B or C is just the ASA status of the org. you play for. I want to be a Team manager by the time DD gets to 14U... looks like I'll be needing to start my own org. too... :{))

And that is how Daddy Ball keeps proliferating. Do your DD right and keep working with her. What you'll find is not every kid/family has the same drive as yours. You're setting yourself for a super-sized dose of frustration.

The reason I stopped coaching my DD after 12U was I figured out just how much I didn't know about the game. She was able to make a team in one of the premiere organizations in our area. I sat back, kept my mouth shut and ears open. I learned a lot about the game and how to teach it to young athletes. When my DD finished playing we coached together for a while and are coaching a team together again this year. It's fun teaching the young kids everything we've learned over the years.

Nov 29, 2009
Sticks, unfortunately, you have to drive to get to the better teams if they have any openings. NSA has a strong foothold near you with USSSA second. The strong teams who are playing ASA A are north of you in the Chicago area. I know some of them will play NSA a filler weekends when there is nothing ASA scheduled.

Jan 25, 2011
PC, I have started to write two post and canceled them both because I wasn't going to start something. But I come back to this thread and see you must of added the thumpsto your post. Now I'am going to say something. Go back and read most of the post that you have put on this site. No coaches do better drills then you, the coaches can't do any conditioning, because your dd all ready has a trainer.They don't know anything about pitching or hitting, you know it all. So yes you should start coaching your dd from now right on thru college, because nobody has a clue only you,maybe you should answer all the question on here too. The only ones, you shoudn't are the daddyball ones, because you are the poster child for daddyball. Go read your own post, you can't even argue with me, they are in your own words, not mine.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Sticks,I understand your problem but just so you know, I see you said this coach would be laughed at by ASA a teams. If you read the posters on here you will see that every dd is an "A player or a 10u player playing on a 14u team, or Gold team".It is a bunch of crap! Once I wish someone would post my dd plays on a local B team. There is nothing wrong with playing on a B team. Also there is nothing wrong with your dd playing with girls she does't know and staying friends with the other girls. Also don't pick your dd's friends,like other do on here, that poster has to have control of every aspect of his dd's live and thinks not one of the coaches know more then him. Sometimes the daddyball person doesn't even coach his dd's team. by the way my dd would be considered on a local B team and plays hard and has fun.

My DD plays on a "travel" team it is a local team that plays against other local teams. When and if we play a tourney team we get beat. Says that's why we are a "Travel team", ok. When she joined this team DD knew no one. They welcomed her like they knew her all their lives. These are new friends and soon to be "old" friends. DD is happy loves her teamates. I know DD may not go as far as most DD's on the site but, she doesn't know that. Her hopes are to make her high school team and guess what. Maybe play with some of her friends on her "travel team" or even play against a few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1