Monday Brag 10-24

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2014
DD pitched her first game in over 3 months due to a rotator cuff injury. Had 8 strikeouts in 3 innings pitched. Since coming off injury DD hasn't pitched well during our pitching practices and her confidence was down. I warmed her up befor the game and she still didn't have it. Coached asked me if I wanted her to pitch I said yes and the 1st inning she only had to throw 9 pitches and was dominate as I have ever seen her. Confidence is back now.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
DD played in last tournament of 2016. 7 for 11 at the plate with 2 doubles, 2 triples and 8 rbi. Got a W in the only game she pitched. Not her best effort in the circle, but was good enough on that day.

Another pitcher on the team had a college coach come watch her play and promptly pitched awesome!! My fingers are crossed for her. Great young lady...

Just wanted to provide an update. This young lady received an email from the coach and received some very good news. I am very excited for her! She has worked very hard and deserves this opportunity!! Top school on her list as well.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD had her first tournament of the fall with her travel ball team. It was an OK weekend...won 3, lost 2, and tied 1. She was OK at the plate for her first time playing in 14U and basically hasn't played in a game for over a month. I think she ended up 4 for 10 with 3 walks. Last inning of the last game of the day was tied and she came up to bat with bases loaded and 2 outs, but struck out looking. She did not take that well at all lol. They beat the biggest and baddest team in our pool in an amazing game 11-10, and that made my weekend. After that we proceeded to lose and tie a game against lesser teams however that happened lol. I can see the potential in her new team and look forward to a great season. I wish they were playing again this weekend.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD decided to forego her college scrimmage games to retake her ACTs. Frustrating for the softball mom but super proud of her maturity and priorities. She got all set up for an official visit in a little less than two weeks so she is super excited...

Last edited:
May 18, 2009
DD had OBP of a thousand on Saturday. Pitched in two games giving up one run in a little over seven innings. Last game was brought in due to trouble and wound up 7K of 11 with one walk and no hits given up. Team went 4-1 with championship the only loss. DD is working hard to be the #1 P on her new team.

May 4, 2016
DD got to play her first softball in three weeks yesterday after battling a nasty sinus infection that caused to miss two league and four tournament games and her middle school play. However she wasn't able to play both games as the toll of first day back to school, weight lifting in PE just caught up to her in the second game. Extremely proud of her attitude as she was crying when she had to come out thinking she was letting her team down in their last game. She ended up hitting .714 with an OBP of .846 and a .857 slug for the fall her first time playing travel ball. On a sad note looks like her team is imploding and we will be searching for a new team for spring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez