Mitt upgrade on a budget

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
I don't think you can beat the Mizuno GSX-92 for the price. It's pretty soft when it arrives, so it may not last as long as some of the stiffer mitts. Pretty high quality mitt for $62 (on Amazon) and you'll definitely be able to get a few years out of it, anyway.

I agree. When my DD moved up to the 12" ball, the Mizuno GXS92 was a perfect mitt for her. It's comfortable and has a great pocket that really swallows the ball; it gave her a lot of confidence. It's a great mitt as long as you're not looking for her permanent mitt right now. Playing tb, it will not last forever, but it should serve her very well for a couple of years while her hands are growing to their adult strength and size.

Apr 1, 2010
I have a Worth Liberty Advanced LACMWN and a Mizuno GXS57 on the way from JustBallGloves since I couldn't find them at a brick and mortar store. I'll post DD's impressions of them when they arrive. The Worth looks big, probably way too much for the OP; the picture of the GXS57 looks like it's an upscale version of the GXS92. If so, it might work for the OP.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
OP have you tried a sponge in the glove? Or if you want something a little more hi-tech there is something call the "shock stop" that you wear inside a glove that does something similar. Not sure how good that product is, I've never used it myself but looks interesting for a C looking for some extra palm padding.

Apr 1, 2010
DD has the GSX31 and loves it. Still and sturdy but broke in within a week and used for games within 2 weeks. Hasn't dropped a ball at home yet.

That looks like a nice mitt. Maybe I should have DD look at that one too!

Ok, went back out to JustBallGloves and ordered the GXS31 too. Having three mitts at once should help DD make a comparison.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
Ok, the Worth Liberty Advanced LACMWN, Mizuno GXS57 and Mizuno GXS31 all arrived yesterday. She noticed that the Worth had fake fur inside and immediately turned it down saying that she won't have that--it gets dirty and nasty. She didn't like the Mizuno GXS31 because it didn't feel comfortable. She did think the Mizuno GXS57 was pretty nice and worth trying out. However, she asked if it would be possible to just get another Mizuno GXS92, so I told her yes, that was an option. I'm thinking unless she completely falls in love with the GXS57, we'll return all three. I can get another GXS92 for $63 from Amazon with free shipping which is half the price of the GXS57 / a third the price of the other two, and she loves the GXS92.

Mar 28, 2013
Look up Diaz gloves. My DDs have been using them and are great quality custom made gloves for $125.Takes about 2 months to arrive but have been as advertised. Its also fun to pick colors stitch in her name and number along with team if wanted. I do not work for them and stand to gain nothing. Just have been happy with the product.

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks to everyone for the great input. On a suggestion and with help from Chaz (thanks!!), she decided to go with Vinci's JCV-22.

Let the break in begin!