LXT users

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

We have five LXTs on our 12U team, all 32" long (four -10s and one -9). The oldest was bought by a girl last October. It has thousands of hits on it, and is the hottest bat of the group. Her exit speeds continue to climb with it, but she is also getting bigger and stronger. At least her LXT is definitely still capable of getting stronger with her.

Only one issue when a new one developed a rattle almost instantly after being taken out of the wrapper. I guess that can happen, though, when one of its first hits was a full swing against a metal pole. :) LS replaced it quickly and all has been fine since.

All of ours run 0.4 - 0.2 oz under sticker weight. All the girls on the team agree that the LXT has the smoothest ride of any bat they have ever tried, as it simply will not sting their hands, even on pool-cue mis-hits.

We love ours and a couple of more girls are starting to transition to them through fall ball. Interestingly, all but two girls out of seven who has gone or is going to the LXT made the move from a DeMarini CF in -11.

Jan 3, 2014
[B said:
Interestingly, all but two girls out of seven who has gone or is going to the LXT made the move from a DeMarini CF in -11.[/B]

That is interesting to me. My DD also went from the CF in -11 to the LXT in -10. Although her CF6 was ridiculously hot (as they get right before they die), she liked the LXT from the very first swing.

Preliminary indications are that the 2015 LXT is even hotter than the 2014. According to LS, there were "minor adjustments" made to the new model and all reports I've heard are that whatever was adjusted has resulted in an even better bat.

I have seen evidence of the 2014 LXT becoming hotter with use. With a design that has a limiter inside the barrel, I can see where there may have been room for improvement. Apparently LS is all over it.

Jul 10, 2011
DD just got the 2015 a couple weeks ago from CoreSoftball20....(great deal!) Hasn't used it in a game yet but was dropping bombs with it today from side toss. Can only imagine what it will do when facing fast pitching in a game. Seems to be a monster so far!

Jan 28, 2011
Bucket
Daughter got hers from CoreSoftball for a great deal and loves it! She has put away her 2005 Rockettech and solely uses this bat. She won't even try her Rockettech now. She has the 2012 and 2013 Xeno's, 2004 and 2005 Rockettechs, Rude American Bat Company's MOAB, and the 2015 LXT does outperform them all from what we've seen. I hate to admit it but the ball comes off faster and goes farther that her RT. The paint on the 2015 LXT has a grippy texture to it which is kinda cool.

Jul 23, 2013
mantua, ohio
So after reading these posts im glad i just pulled the trigger on a 2014 lxt 33 23. DD is going from a 32 23 RT to the lxt. we tried the lxt first in a sbc sports store and she absolutley was in love. The ball seems to jump off the tee and the extra length is good with her. dd won MVP offensive JV last season in HS and im really hoping this purchase helps with distance and base hits....

Jul 31, 2011
Do you take exit speeds? Be curious what you're getting.

Not asking because of bat, per se, even though we're considering this bat, but always interested in exit speed measurements.

Coogan- go to the following link to look at a whole bunch of measurements- including ball exit speeds!
RTA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma