Louisville Slugger LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2009
I always wait a year with any "hot" bat to see how it shakes out.

If we chased every hot bat, we would have to change often. Much because they have endurance issues, and compliance issues. The softball world is pretty serious about limiting the "pop" of bats. In general, as has happened the last few years, the trend is toward bats that are less powerful.

Super hot bats turn into fools gold much more often than not. With current regulatory environment, the older bats are the hottest bats. The hottest new bats are soon to be banned, but no one knows yet. Be careful with your money.

TRUTH!!!

Add to this that the "sizzle" that the marketing depts put on the shiny new steaks is in the "advanced, cutting edged, hot technology" lingo. As SCDad states, the bats have to be compliant with the regs. They had to be compliant last year and the year before as well, so new bats are not 'hotter' than last years bats.

Companies are making bats as hot as allowed, yes, but the technology focus seems to be in making their new hot $300 bats fail, lose pop, or break as close to day 366 as possible so that they can in turn sell the newest hype. Expensive, SHORT-LIVED, hot bats and bat bans are a real cash cow and the fuel in the business as of late IMO.

The technology focus seems to be in building in the right TIMING FOR THE DURABILITY ISSUES that the bat companies WANT their products to have! Building a hot bat that will last and stay hot for 2-3 years=failure in the eyes of the company. The company wants a "fireworks" product full of sizzle and ooh-ahh and then gone before you know it, leaving the consumer with a whet appetite for the next hype-a-thon.

But I only speculate...anyone have a minty LXT or Mako in 33" they want to sell cheap, lol!!

softballcoach5662

Slapping coach
Jan 14, 2014
Wisconsin
Lxt going back!!!!

anybody thinking of giving the new LS LXT with 3 piece bat technology a try when they come out in a couple of weeks...? My DD's college coaches want her to switch to LS the next couple of years prior to college ball and don't know if I should play it safe with a Xeno or go with the new LXT....any thoughts or experience with the LXT out there...?

I bought my daughter the One X when it first came out but soon after it was recalled. We waited months for the replacement LXT. It didn't take but one tournament for the bat to break. The carbon fibers started to peel after the first game...........very disappointed. Sending it back. The LS bats have the best pop but this is the third bat from LS we've sent back. The only LS bat that seems to hold together is the 2013 XENO, we have two of them and no problems yet...

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I think your experiences are reversed from others.

In my experience the '13 Xenos broke more often than others. Haven't seen an LXT go yet. Key word yet. My DD loves and is very successful with her LXT. Selling the almost new '13 Xeno we have that was a replacement from one broken in half.

Jan 14, 2011
Michigan
anybody thinking of giving the new LS LXT with 3 piece bat technology a try when they come out in a couple of weeks...? My DD's college coaches want her to switch to LS the next couple of years prior to college ball and don't know if I should play it safe with a Xeno or go with the new LXT....any thoughts or experience with the LXT out there...?

Both the Xeno and the LXT are very good performing fastpitch softball bats. However, the Xeno has a significant durability problem and early returns on the LXT also are showing durability issues. And we all know the OneX disaster last year. Louisville Slugger is betting 2014 on the LXT ($349) and I think the Xeno's days are numbered. The real question is has Louisville Slugger solved the breakage problem?

We provide our own reviews as well as reviews from Parents, Coaches and Players (over 2,100 reviews).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26