Louisville Slugger LXT Bat Return

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2013
Middle Georgia
LOL, this is the 4th one-piece bat she's broken in 3 years with the team. If we weren't with the team, I'd definitely try something else, 'cause I know she breaks these a lot.

But if she broke other brands the same way, I'd have been doing a lot more work than I wanted trying to get replacements.

You are making it sound as if this happens, and has happened every time a bat has broken in history. There are thousands and thousands of cases where bats were replaced in a timely manner. far more often than not the customer is taken care of, Congratulations on your many, many good experiences with broken bats. You truly have a better thing going than all of the LS customers.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
Not sure how true it is, but I was told the LXT + and Xeno + is the last production run for LS now that DeMarini has bought them. I am stocking up on 2015 Xenos for the DD, and probably a couple +'s as well. I just want to have a supply on hand in case things change down the line as far as manufacturing, and R & D. IMO it didn't get any better with the Miken/Worth merger, they put out 2 bats that were very similar, and didn't sell well.

But in the case of the original post, I can see a reason in the delay with returns with the merge. Does it suck? Absolutely, but that is Corporate America for you.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Not sure how true it is, but I was told the LXT + and Xeno + is the last production run for LS now that DeMarini has bought them. I am stocking up on 2015 Xenos for the DD, and probably a couple +'s as well. I just want to have a supply on hand in case things change down the line as far as manufacturing, and R & D. IMO it didn't get any better with the Miken/Worth merger, they put out 2 bats that were very similar, and didn't sell well.

But in the case of the original post, I can see a reason in the delay with returns with the merge. Does it suck? Absolutely, but that is Corporate America for you.

So the way I put the corporate M&A activity together: Wilson bought DeMarini in 2000 (About Us | DeMarini) and in March of 2015, Wilson acquired Louisville Slugger - (Wilson parent company buys Louisville Slugger for $70 million).

I cannot imagine Wilson getting rid of a brand as iconic as Louisville Slugger. Tinkering with the "formula" - well, who can forget the wild success of New Coke! :rolleyes:

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
So the way I put the corporate M&A activity together: Wilson bought DeMarini in 2000 (About Us | DeMarini) and in March of 2015, Wilson acquired Louisville Slugger - (Wilson parent company buys Louisville Slugger for $70 million).

I cannot imagine Wilson getting rid of a brand as iconic as Louisville Slugger. Tinkering with the "formula" - well, who can forget the wild success of New Coke! :rolleyes:

I would hope they would keep LS around. They have been around forever. Tinkering with the formula is my biggest fear. I just find it interesting that Wilson would purchase what is currently DeMarini's biggest competitor. I hope it is just a good business move, and keep things the way they are, and just reap the rewards from both profit margins.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

You were told incorrectly. They are not stopping LS production. Funny, I got info already for next year programs. The one change I do hope they consider is bringing the bat process
back from overseas. Hence, why they have delays and lack of product sometimes.

And you cannot compare LS/Demar and Miken/Worth. LS and Demar are huge portions of the FP demographic along with Easton and Miken/Worth have always been second tier in sales. And honestly, Worth and Miken bats are better now than before the merger. The 2Legit and Freak Black are def great bats. Just because sales arent like the big three, doesnt mean the product
isnt good, just means exactly that...sales arent as good.

Last edited:

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
You were told incorrectly. They are not stopping LS production. Funny, I got info already for next year programs. The one change I do hope they consider is bringing the bat process
back from overseas. Hence, why they have delays and lack of product sometimes.

And you cannot compare LS/Demar and Miken/Worth. LS and Demar are huge portions of the FP demographic along with Easton and Miken/Worth have always been second tier in sales. And honestly, Worth and Miken bats are better now than before the merger. The 2Legit and Freak Black are def great bats. Just because sales arent like the big three, doesnt mean the product
isnt good, just means exactly that...sales arent as good.

Thanks Core! I should have clarified LOL! I meant last run before the take over. When I mentioned the Worth/Miken, I was referring to the Chill being very similar to the 2Legit with some cosmetic differences. The Freak Black and 2legit are good bats, they just fall to brand loyalty, and marketing I believe.

LS and Demarini do pretty much rule the FP market, that is why I hope they just let things be. Bringing the manufacturing back from over seas would be great.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thanks Core! I should have clarified LOL! I meant last run before the take over. When I mentioned the Worth/Miken, I was referring to the Chill being very similar to the 2Legit with some cosmetic differences. The Freak Black and 2legit are good bats, they just fall to brand loyalty, and marketing I believe.

LS and Demarini do pretty much rule the FP market, that is why I hope they just let things be. Bringing the manufacturing back from over seas would be great.

To be honest, many of LS issues stem from overseas production along with another company that is having horrible issues in the SP market that does the overseas also.

A

Jun 11, 2012
I got a shipping notification last night that my warranty replacement is on it's way. I have no idea if they found a 2015 in a 33/23 or if it's a new 2016 but something is headed my way and will hopefully be here by Friday

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz