Looking for suggestions for a SE USA target tournament for our first year 12U team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
So here is the back story and what we are looking for:

- Currently involved in a first year age 12U team based in South East Florida (Ft Lauderdale area). Based on results and progress we are a high-B/borderline-A team (i.e. we compete well with the true second year A teams but we are not yet beating them but will)
- We are looking for a 'target' out of area tournament since we will not do 'B' nationals because of previous bad experiences(mainly because there is always a bunch of 'A' teams dropping down or teams with 'no record' let in on a waiver so why bother)
- We were originally going to see if we could get into the Carrollton, Atlanta USFA tournament (40 teams) but it is full and the waiting list is pretty long so it seems unlikely we will get in there. We are looking for other options.
- We don't want to see any of the local teams, we don't want to travel this far for 4 games - prefer something 6-7 guaranteed.
- We prefer to go out of state - so Georgia, South Carolina maybe even Alabama in about that order of preference. Late April or after preferably.

So what 'big' tournaments might be worth us considering. Any help appreciated.

Jan 24, 2010
Carrollton Classic would have been your best bet, but it fills fast (as you can see). Most Georgia teams will be playing in ASA qualifiers at that point (TournamentASA) but there's a 6 game friendly that's listed on the USFA website (United States Fastpitch Association (USFA)) that has some 12u teams listed already. It's on 04/26 - 04/27 in Montgomery, AL, Civil War IV.

Also keep an eye on GeorgiaCoachesCorner.com • Index page for tourneys and friendlies.

Here is the South Carolina ASA website also - A.S.A. of Upstate South Carolina: Who's Entered -Spring/Summer . There aren't many teams listed yet, but it's still early.

Chattanooga ASA website is 2012 ASA Fastpitch Softball Tournaments, Chattanooga TN . The ASA Play for a Cure tourney the beginning of May typically draws a good crowd, it's listed as 3 pool to single elimination. Warner Park is a nice facility (the area it's in, not so much).

edited to add - even though the Chattanooga link says 2012, it's for this spring / summer

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
I think Carrollton Classic B is still open, that might be a good one to look at. You could also look at King of the Mountain, but I'm not sure it's March or April

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC