Looking for Palm Pilot with software

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 5, 2009
I am looking at getting a Palm Pilot as away to keep game score and player stats. I do not own a PP now, and I have seen a few sites offering the PP with the software.

Does anyone have any recommendations of where to look and what to get?

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
I just got the score it program for the iPod touch (iPhone). I haven't got to use it yet for an actual game, but have been playing around with it for a week. I really like it so far. For around $5.00 it's really great. Unlimited numer of batters, flex and DP, and courtesy runner are just a few of the softball friendly features.

Feb 5, 2009
I don`t have a Palm pda or i-pod touch. Someone here at work is selling me their palm for $50 and I am going to buy the turbostats software for Palm Pilots and give them a try.

Feb 5, 2009
Got my Palm Pilot, downloaded the scorekeeper software, and will give it a test run at next weeks tournament. The program looks very nice!

Sep 11, 2009
Mesa Arizona
We use scorekeeper on a palm pilot for every game in every tournament. It really works well if you can keep up with it, sometimes getting started is the hard part. I mean you get the roster after the coach gives it too you then the games starts. But on the other hand if you play a team again you have it in the database and you just move players around. We use the stats against teams we've played before and pitch to our advantage. It's helped out tremondusly in game planning.

Oct 19, 2009
I've been using scorekeeper for over 10 years and they continue to improve stuff. I've tried to get them to have a forum for questions amongst users, but they haven't done that. It does take some time to get quick enough with
the program, especially when calls are changed after you have scored an at bat or trying to make a correction when you have missed a substitution or a player that dropped out of the lineup - like an injury in a friendly that wasn't
really reported. /to get really accurate stats, make sure you read through the instructions like if there are two runners on base and have a PB or WP - only score one of the runners as advancing on the PB or the catcher will be charged with 2 PB on one pitch. Also to get accurate LOB stats if the 3rd out is made on a runner other than the batter, then you really need to score it as an out on the runner or the runners LOB will not be charged to the batter.
Also if you are scoring multiple games in a day you may need some kind of back up charger.
Don't have an Ipod and haven't seen the program so I don't really have anything to comare it to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01