LA LaFayete- Split Grip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
BUMP....

I am getting really intrigued by what LL has been doing. It looks like RHC has used this with some success based on a couple of his posts, is anyone else using this, if so how has it worked out?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
JJs ... I've used the split grip as part of a training sequence. What I found was that a percentage of the hitters grew to incorporate a split grip in their normal swing, which wasn't the intent.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
BUMP....
Looking for updated GIF's of split grip live and dry swings?
I saw one around here of a MLer not long ago taking cuts in the on deck circle???

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
JJs ... I've used the split grip as part of a training sequence. What I found was that a percentage of the hitters grew to incorporate a split grip in their normal swing, which wasn't the intent.

FFS - How much of a split? I am seeing a small number of small split grips 1 - 2 inches but nothing large. One freshman on my DD's team is a big girl and maybe has a 2" split. Kid hit dingers first time up vs both South Carolina and Florida. Guess she didn't know that Freshmen are not supposed to be able to do that. :)

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
A split grip worked well for Ty Cobb. Perhaps we should be asking ourselves why this technique isn't used more often.

I hear this from time to time ... but that doesn't make it true.

24cv1xe.gif

He brought his hands together before he launched the barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32