Kent State Lawsuit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
I was wondering about the 15 month gap between the initial Title IX complaint to the university and the follow up complaint to the Title IX coordinator - had to read the entire complaint to get down to Linder not reporting like she was supposed to.

shirt.

I know Linder, DD just finished a 5 week hitting and mental approach class with her. I was going to have her present at my rec league's coach the coaches.

shirt.

Well, I guess we know more about her sudden departure from KSU.

Yeah. We attended an event with her as well. I live in a world where one false accusation can ruin my entire career, so I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this sounds very, very bad. Jerry Sandusky level cover-up came to mind.

Jun 12, 2015
False accusations certainly do happen but they're the exception. I definitely believe in innocent til proven guilty but at the same time, most of the time in rape cases it's not a false accusation. I think usually when they are it's when there's a payoff of some sort involved.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio

Yeah. We attended an event with her as well. I live in a world where one false accusation can ruin my entire career, so I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this sounds very, very bad. Jerry Sandusky level cover-up came to mind.

I was thinking JoPa as well. I know someone who knows more, but she can't talk until the suit plays out. I gave her an easy out to deny the failure to report, she didn't take it. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, just more info.

Worst part for me (yes, being selfish) is that DD really likes Karen and we had signed up for another 5 week session with her the day before I saw this here.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
False accusations certainly do happen but they're the exception. I definitely believe in innocent til proven guilty but at the same time, most of the time in rape cases it's not a false accusation. I think usually when they are it's when there's a payoff of some sort involved.

Justice department has the percentage at 8%. I wouldn't put this as an exception.

Jun 12, 2015
I remember seeing 2-8% in some study or other. Either way, pretty low (but obviously extremely horrible and destructive when it does happen).

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I was thinking JoPa as well. I know someone who knows more, but she can't talk until the suit plays out. I gave her an easy out to deny the failure to report, she didn't take it. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, just more info.

Worst part for me (yes, being selfish) is that DD really likes Karen and we had signed up for another 5 week session with her the day before I saw this here.

No wonder this bothers you so much.
Maybe it is time for you to do what is best for your DD.
I can't tell you what that would be. Your DD won't be in danger, and she likes the coach. You have to figure this one out for yourself. Whether the deposit is refundable may also be a factor.

We all face moral dillemas for which there is no correct answer.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
No wonder this bothers you so much.
Maybe it is time for you to do what is best for your DD.
I can't tell you what that would be. Your DD won't be in danger, and she likes the coach. You have to figure this one out for yourself. Whether the deposit is refundable may also be a factor.

We all face moral dillemas for which there is no correct answer.

We cancelled. Done deal, but it was hard to explain to DD why. Still not sure if she understood, but she's mostly ok with it I think.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI

One thing I do NOT miss about my college teaching days is the constant threat of false accusations.
One time the same student made two false accusations against me.
First time was racism, and the supposed offense was giving too hard a question on a test. Nobody could figure that one out.
Then I caught her boyfriend copying answers off her final exam. I gave two different versions of the test, and the answers were identical. His was the correct answer for her question, but incorrect for his question. So she claimed I was retaliating for her refusing to date me. That caused a lot of anguish, until a committee ruled in my favor.
One thing was easing the mind of my then girlfriend, now wife. I set up a situation where my now DW could see this young lady walking down a hallway and DW immediately knew the girl was not my type. I called it the moo cow defense.
A few months later some crazy guy who was flunking a summer class threatened to find a girl to make accusations against me. The next day I saw him talking to a girl who was there to see me in my office for help. I refused to let her in. She was probably just there for help, but I wasn't taking any chances. She even complained to the department chair. I explained. He knew about the guy she had been talking to, and he knew the false charges that had been made against me, so he understood.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA